Chapter Thirty

Kera Neverson

"You wanna divorce from something you caused by bringing that nigga in here, who had a gun on him!?" He stated and before I knew it he was holding his right cheek.

I slapped the shit out of him, that's all he is. Full of shit! And I mean it. Every since this whole Seriya situation at Curvy Q he's been taking in what they're saying to him. Instead of listening to me, his wife. All this he has a son, Layla hating her father, Jayden's ex girlfriend being pregnant, his mother bashing out on me! All of this is over now.

I Kera Neverson want a divorce and I mean it. I can't be with someone or allow myself to stick up with that. No matter how much money he has, for the kids sake, none of that matters. Trey is nothing to me besides a baby father! I can't do this with him anymore and I will not!

"I'll have the divorce papers soon! Until then don't say shit to me, you obviously couldn't be a man and take responsibility on your own shit. I'm grabbing my things tonight and you can go to hell!"

The kids just walked in just as I went upstairs. This only made this worst having to explain to them. I went into a room that once was filled with 'happiness' packing all of most clothes, shoes, makeup, jewelry. Anything that belonged to me. Tears streamed down my eyes looking at all the wasted memories of him and I. All these years!

"Mom what's going on?" Layla says coming into the room, which broke my heart even more.

"Layla right now--"

"Don't say this is grown folks business! Mom I need to know! I'm scared." I stopped packing looking at her brown eyes.

"Your father an I are getting a divorce."

"What." Her tears became viable.

"Look I'm going to New York for a few days just so I can talk to your grandma. I don't need you to worry I just need you to be strong for you brothers and sisters." She hugged me crying her eyes out but so was I. She left out the room, just as I continued to pack.

I had about two suitcases but I needed one more for the what I was taking and Kobe's things. I wasn't going to leave him here.

I took the third suitcase in Kobe's room hearing Layla yelling at her father. Even from all the way up here in this big ass house I heard her. I wiped my last tear-- I couldn't cry anymore it- he wasn't worth it. Kobe stared peacefully at the little stars and moons that dangled from his crib. A smile appeared on his face once he saw me.

"Hi Kobe." I whispered grabbing his pre packed baby bag, some of his clothes, toys, all of what he needed. I made sure to take the  breast milk machine and extra blankets. I placed his little body into the carrier with his pacifier in his mouth.