Chapter Thirty Eight

Lyvone Neverson

Lyvone and Nasmine

Nasmine and I were out on the deck studying for our partner assignment the professor gave us

Nasmine and I were out on the deck studying for our partner assignment the professor gave us. I haven't been on my game lately recalling the D I'd gotten on my exam last week. Jenna kept calling me and distracting me from my work then she's going to get mad and spaz out on me because I wanted and needed to study. Since then I hadn't talked to her in a week. I shook the negativity out because this week I was studying hard.

"You looked like you could use some." Nasmine said sitting a hot cappuccino in front of me she'd just got from the café.

"Thank you." I looked up at her.

"We still have the essay to finish and the PowerPoint." Nasmine looked a bit bummed but we still had a week's time.

"Why you trying to go out with Sam?" Sam was her best friend and she's become my friend too because of her personality.

"No, I just wanna get it done."

"Same. But we can rush it." My phone rung again just as the caller id read 'Jennah' and a bunch of emojis. I wasn't in the mood to apologize or hear her apology so I ignored it and got back to my conversation.

"Girlfriend?"

"Yup." I sighed.

"Why don't you just answer?"

"Why don't you mind your business." I joked but she just rolled her eyes at me.

"Why don't you turn because she's right behind you." Nasmine said and I didn't believe her due to the fact she loves making jokes. But when I actually saw Jennah, her face read a butch if switched emotions.

"I see." She looked between Nasmine and I. "Lyvone we need to talk- in private." She glared at Nasmine but they didn't know each other personally so what was the problem Jennah continued to start. I was getting real sick and tired of Jennah and her assumptions.

"Why did you come here? Unannounced and unexpected. You could have called when the test was over." My tone was laced in annoyance.

"For what so you can not answer? I do a whole butch of shit for you just to treated like this. And come to find you out with some white bitch."

"We are studying! That's it! She's my partner on this assignment," I was the attention in the room by the base of my voice. "Nobody told you to travel a one day flight just to get in contact with me because of your assumptions! And you don't know her and she doesn't know you so don't disrespect her."

I usually didn't yell or raise my voice at anyway but she was testing me every since I changed my mind about moving in with her.

"I have my reasons! You don't show your care or worry about me every since you found who you dad is! That changed everything between us and I don't get it. Maybe I'm overreacting or maybe my trust for you isn't where you want it to be but you act like you don't care! And to come see you with her..." I brushed her off heading over to the men's restroom.