My...Stepbrother? {20}

Start from the beginning

                “Trace, you are such a bastard. I’ve never liked you much. You’re just a cold hearted person! Don’t you snap at my daughter!” Juliet’s dad, Roger, boomed.

                “I’m cold hearted because I don’t have feelings for her and tried to calmly break up with her? I don’t care if you’ve never liked me. Most people don’t. I don’t care. I can’t help it that Juliet doesn’t understand the words WE’RE THROUGH!” I growled in frustration.

                “Juliet, let him go. You could do so much better than this waste of space, emotionless brat. His own mom didn’t want him, and she was right not to. He doesn’t deserve you,” Roger said cruelly.

                “My mom didn’t want me? Thanks for letting me know. I fucked your daughter by the way. Took her virginity. Won’t happen again,” I said with a shrug before making my way out of the house.

                Once I was outside, I took off sprinting until I was out of sight of the house. The last thing I needed was her angry father shooting me. I knew Roger had a gun. He happened to be cleaning it when I came to pick Juliet up for our first date.

                I knocked on the door of Sammy’s house, one of the idiots who tried to beat up Kory. Sammy was generally a harmless guy when he was by himself. He just tried to impress Davey, the asshole of the soccer team. Bigger asshole than me, actually.

                Sammy opened the door and I shoved him out of the way and let myself into his house. I shut the door and peeked out to see if Juliet’s dad had followed me. Nope. Safe.

                “Sorry Sammy. I just dumped my girlfriend and told her dad that I fucked her,” I said.

                Sammy laughed and rolled his eyes. “Wow Trace. That’s a dumb idea. What if he tells your dad?” he asked.

                I shrugged. “Then I tell my dad it’s a lie. He’ll believe me if I get my stepbrother and Zeke to help convince him that I’m a virgin.”

                Sammy stopped laughing and made a face. “I still can’t believe your stepbrother turned Zeke into a fag,” he growled.

                “Kory didn’t turn Zeke into a fag. Zeke was gay before Kory even came around town. Kory just helped him out of the closet is all. Besides, I think they broke up. Still friends, just not dating. Anyways, don’t give my best friend or my stepbrother a hard time. You’ll piss me off. You know I’m worse than Zeke,” I said flatly. I gave him a look that challenged him to talk any shit about Zeke or Kory.

                He cleared his throat nervously. “Uh…right. I won’t give them a hard time Trace. I promise. We were just messing around with your stepbrother. I wouldn’t have…uh…so, do you need a ride anywhere or do you want to hang out?” Smart boy.

                “Let’s go down to the soccer field and practice,” I said and Sammy nodded.

                His mom, who happened to be the “soccer mom”, drove us down to the elementary school and dropped us off. I texted Zeke and Kory to meet us there and they did within 10 minutes.

                “Break up didn’t go well, huh?” Kory asked as he came over to me.

                “Her dad showed up to my house?” I asked and Kory shook his head and pointed at my arm. I looked down and groaned, seeing that she had made my arm bleed with her nails. Damn sharp nails.