My...Stepbrother? {18}

Start from the beginning

                He rolled his eyes and kissed me. Guilt flared through me, but I forced myself to shake it off. I was going to man up and confess to him tomorrow, so for tonight, I would just pretend it had never happened and nothing was wrong.

                “So, who’s up for some…uh…cheese,” I offered lamely.

                “Cheese?” Zeke asked, rolling his eyes at my stupidity.

                “I meant…popcorn. Not cheese. I didn’t say cheese. YOU’RE GOING CRAZY ZEKE! GOD DAMN!” I cried. He winced. “No, I’m going deaf Kory,” he grumbled and smacked me in the back of the head playfully.

                “Well then let’s get some popcorn! It’s good for your ears. Helps increase your hearing. I learned all about that when I was training to become an earcologist,” I said matter-of-factly.

                “There’s no such thing as an earcologist you idiot. But yea, let’s go make some popcorn and watch a movie or something,” Trace said, getting off his bed and waiting impatiently for me and Zeke to follow him.

                We hopped off his bed and followed him downstairs to the kitchen. He made a giant bowl of popcorn and Zeke and I grabbed some soda and napkins before heading back up to Trace’s bedroom.

                We sat back on his bed and Trace began to scroll through Netflix on his TV. “What do you guys want to watch?” he asked, scrolling through random movies.

                “Let’s watch one of the gay movies! I love Eating Out!” I cheered.

                “You would. But I’m not gay, so no. I don’t want to watch gay Netflix porn,” Trace grumbled.

                Not gay, huh? Psh, says Mr. Makeoutwithmystepbrother.

                “Let’s just watch Scream. I’m in the mood for a good old classic horror film,” Zeke said, wrapping an arm around me and kissing me.

                Trace shrugged and clicked on Scream. He turned the volume up and the three of us leaned back on his bed as the movie started.

                I reached for popcorn and jerked my hand away as it touched Trace’s. He didn’t even turn to face me as he calmly threw a piece of popcorn into his mouth as Ghostface gutted the girl’s boyfriend in the backyard.

                I scooted closer to Zeke and he wrapped his arm around my waist, his eyes glued to the TV screen. I put my head on his shoulder, deciding I didn’t want popcorn anymore.

                The darkness of Trace’s room was driving me crazy. The TV wasn’t enough to light it. It only highlighted Trace’s face but not Zeke’s. Gah! Stupid light! Not liking my boyfriend’s adorable face!

                The movie continued to play, but now my thoughts were on my boyfriend and my sexy stepbrother. I was in between them, and I hated it. I wanted to reach out and grab Trace, pulling him closer and kissing him again.

                But at the same time, I just wanted to take Zeke and pull him out of Trace’s room and into mine so I could show him that I was all for him.

                I really did like Zeke. I didn’t know how many times I had to repeat that to myself. He was so sweet and funny and adorable and…gah! He was just so Zekeish!