My Historical Figure

My historical figure:

                 Juliette Gordon low

                 By Tiffani Roudebush

Hello I am going to tell you about the person I chose for my historical figure report. I chose Juliette Gordon Low. Right now you might be thinking who is she and why are you choosing her. Well she is the founder of girl scouts and I am in girl scouts so to me she is a pretty big deal. So I hope you learn a lot about Mrs. Low while you are reading. Hope you enjoy.

Juliette Gordon Low was the founder of girl scouts. She was born on October 31 1860.her full name is Juliette Magill Kinzie Gordon Low. But her nickname was Daisy. Her favorite subject in school was drawing. She didn’t do to well in spelling or arithmetic. She was good at learning foreign languages. She had a pet parrot and a pet mockingbird when she went to a private school in New York. While she was there she wrote lots of letters to her mom. On December 21 1886 she married and English man named Willy Low. She almost lost her hearing after she had got a piece of rice stuck in her ear and it punctured her ear drum. She was 52 when she came back from England she started girl scouts in 1912. Not only was her troop the first ever Girl Scout troop but they were the first to play basketball. In 1916 there were about 3,000 Girl Scout troops. Today there are about 3 million girl scouts and counting.

So that is all about Juliette Gordon Low’s life hope you enjoyed. If you want to learn more about girl scouts in 1916 then check out Octavia’s Girl Scout journey: Savannah 1916 or you can go to the Girl Scout website