Chapter 4: It is Darkness Within Him

- 3rd POV -

"Ummm......does anyone know what's wrong with Lia?" Sharrkan whispers to the others.
Lia had long distance look in her eyes. She was sitting down on a chair, not paying attention at all to the meeting. Ja'far sighs, he knows what's going on. Aladdin saw it was the same look his father had. Isabel was putting on a fake cheerful act all day. And Aladdin was able to see right through it. Even Yura and Ruka were distant today.

Lia stood  up and left. Everyone just stared at the door shocked. Sinbad smiles sadly, and tells the others he'll be back. He leaves and goes after her. He goes to her favorite hiding spot. A plum tree she grew. She used her magic and made it fully grow. He saw her up on one of tree branches.

"Lia?" He called out to her.
She looks down and smiles sadly.
"What's wrong?" He asked as he climbed up and sat next to her.
He brought her close to him. Her back resting on his chest, and she hugged her knees together.

She didn't respond. Sinbad sighs. He isn't going to get a answer.

"My mother and father......."

He was surprised a bit when he heard her talk.
"They met under the plum blossoms." Lia smiles sadly.
With her magic, she summons an old book. Sinbad watches as she opens it. He saw her look at a page of pictures. A girl about 17 years old, dressed.....with.......strange black clothing and make up........
Next to her, a girl with red eyes and blue hair, and two boys. The boys looked about 18 years old.
"The one with black make up is my mom when she was sixteen." And she hears Sinbad choke on air.
"The girl next to her is Lunala."  She said.
Sinbad frowns. This is explained why Lunala was very protective of Lia.....
"The boy with brown hair is my dad, and the one with green hair is my uncle, my dad's brother." Lia said.
She flipped onto the next page. It was a picture of her mom and dad. He mom was singing and her dad was playing the drums.
"All four of them were part of a band. Mom and Lunala were the lead singer's........they all had great times until......" Lia went silent.

He raised an eyebrow.

"Until Lunala was killed in an accident."

He froze. His eyes widened. Lunala died in her world but was born again in his world. He looked at Lia. She had a long distance face. He realizes Lia has near spoke about her family. But now here she is speaking of them, why?
"My mother went into depression for a long time. The band split. But my mom and dad kept seeing each other. He was there for her in the difficult times. As the years went by, their feelings for friendship turned to love, and soon that began dating, and got married. Mom would tell me about Lunala. How her best friend was strong, adventures, and playful. If she was alive, she would have been my god mother." Lia chuckles lightly.
She looks up to the sky and closes her eyes. She turn to the next page. It's a picture of her parents. Their wedding pictures. Sinbad sees Lia's mother was holding a baby.
"That's me. I was one month old. And they got married under the plum blossoms. They named me Lia, which means "bearer of good news". It was funny actually. My dad told me that both of them spent 3 hours arguing what to name me." Lia giggles.
"I know might sound.....wrong in a way.....but you never told me anything about your family until now. Can I ask, why you are now telling me?" Sinbad asked.
Lia hums in response.
"As the years went by, I got to meet your family. When I saw you with your mom, your parents memories of you and them together....I saw and felt how much they loved you and were proud of you. I know about your family, but.....you never knew anything about mine. I felt...I guess it's time for you to know about mine also." She looks up at him.
"I nevered opened up to you. I didn't want you know about me back then." She hugged him and laid her head on his chest, listening to his heart beat.
He was surprised, but smiled warmly and hugged her back.
"You look like your father. I wish I could have met them. They sound like amazing people." Sinbad said..