Chapter 23: Chains and Decisions

- 11 Years Ago: 1 month before the Great Fire -

The sky gray....the wind blowing like that of a hurricane.
The rukh fluttering frantically. The Empress of the Kou Empire, Gyokuen, noticed this and was puzzled to why. It wasn't just the white rukh, it was all the black rukh as well.
It was raining. A thunderstorm was happening. The Ren family were in their rooms. As the rukh began to gather, and a rukh out line of two women appeared. Each one walked different ways.
The first one, walked to the sleeping chambers of the first prince of the Kou empire, Ren Hakuyuu. It entered and saw the prince was asleep. The outline looked down at the prince's sleeping face before it place it's hand on his forehead.

- Dream -

Smoke.....

Flesh burning....

Flames everyone....

He stood there, holding his sword panting...his two younger brothers besides him.
He yells as he attacks the black magicians. The words he yells, for his younger brother Hakuryuu....to run...for Ruka to the him, his cousin, and his and run...
He sees his brother Hakuren, killed....
He then sees black birds storming the place.....
The laugh of the witch....echos through the place...and then...is own life....ends...his hand reach out...for someone...
His flesh burning....
Everything.....his body in agony...
Anyone....to save him...
But all he sees is his home...burning to the ground....
His younger brother...Hakuryuu...swallowed by darkness...and before everything faded to black...
He sees the smile of that witches victory....

- End of Dream -

"Huff....huff...huff!!"

Hakuyuu shot wake. He was sweating and panting heavily. His heart pounding to his ears.
"What was that dream....?" He mumbled.
His heart was still pounding and he couldn't sleep. He decided to head to the kitchen to prepare himself some tea.  As he walked, the rukh put line of the Woman, follows him. The rukh then began to take shape of a woman with long sliver hair that touched the floor, green eyes, and a green magicians dress. She followed the prince up to a certain point and disappears.
The second Rukh outline, transforms to a women with sliver rainbow hair, blue eyes, and female be Arabic clothing. Just like the green eye Woman, she walked to the second prince room, and showed him the same dream. And like his older brother, he could not go back to sleep. He went to the kitchen to get a snack to calm his nerves and behind him the blue eye girl, heads to a different room.
The blue eye girl wander through the palace, curious of the place. She saw a room open, and went in. Her eyes looked through the dark room, and when the lighting boom, she saw a trembling figure in the blankets. She walked up to the bed and saw it was a boy with blue eyes, and soft dark blue hair. The boy was crying and trembling.
The girls eyes soft and she placed her hand on the boys forehead. The boy froze but the feeling was warm and safe. The boy opened his eyes and saw the girl looking down at him with loving eyes. He sat up and looked at the girl in confusion. The girl was surprised the boy could see her, but nonetheless, knows that children at the young age of 1 through 6, have the ability to see spirits.
"Who are you?" The boy asked as he wiped his tears.

The girl could bot talk but smiles. She pats his head and lightly caresses his cheek.
"You can't talk?" He asked her and she nodded.
"Are you my guardian spirit?" He asked and she sweat drops at the boys respond.
"No....then...are you my friend? Like a big sister?" He asked and she nodded.
She motions with her hands that it is time for him to go back to sleep.
"I'm Hakuryuu, big sis! Um...will you sleep with me?" Hakuryuu asked and the girl nodded and forming bed with him.
She held him gently in her arms and watched the boy soundly go to sleep.
The girl smiles warmly and falls asleep with him, cradling him, in her arms.