Chapter 14: The Future,and the past

- Krystal POV-

"It's you isn't it?" Alibaba spoke.
I turned my back and pulled back the blanket over me.
"Yes..." I said in my mind.
"Why aren't you answering me?" He said.
"Please get out. I need to change." I began to walk towards the door but he grabbed my wrist.
"Please answer my question. Ever since I first met you at Balbadd, this question has been lingering in my mind. Please?" Alibaba looked at me with pleading eyes.
He really hasn't changed. But.....I don't have the right to even call myself his friend after what I did that day. When it was the last day of vist at  the palace of Balbadd 12 years ago, I went one last time to the slums.

- Flashback 13 years ago: Slums of Balbadd-

I was walking down the same path I would always go through. But I was scared. Today was the last day I was going to see them. I bought two earring. One for Alibaba and one for Cassim.
"I wonder if they'll like..." I mumbled.

About 30 minutes later, I'm where we always meet at. A tree.
"I-----OOMPH!!" I was tackled down by a hug.
"Kryst!!" I look up and see it is Mariam.
"Ow!! Don't do that!!" I giggle as I got her off me.
"Sorry! I'm just so happy to see you." She smiles at me.
"Where's your bother and Alibaba?" I ask her.
"They're both busy, so that means I get to spend the day with you." She grins.
"Alright!" I say.

We both play games and lucky us I had some money I stole and bought us a bag of fruits to eat. After we ate we played more games. I was hiding behind a wall and Mariam was looking for me. We were playing hide and seek. As I was hiding, I didn't notice a figure approaching me from behind.
"Boo!"
"Kyaaaaaaa!!" I screamed and jump out from where I was hiding.
"Hahahaha!! You should of seen your face! Hahahaha!!" I see Alibaba laughing his but off and holding his stomach.
"Alibaba!!" I yelled angrily at him as I puffed my cheeks.
"Sorry! Just wanted to make you laugh." He wipes a tear from his eye and walks over to me.
"Hmph!!" I crossed my arms and look away from him.
"Found you! Oh hey Alibaba!" Mariam ran over to us now that she found me.
"Mariam!" We look to our left and see Cassim walking towards us.
"Sup Cassim!" I wave at him.
"Glad to see you. Thanks for taking care of my sister." He said.
"No problem." I said.
We walked towards Alibaba's house and I saw his mother.
"Aunty!" I hugged her.
I really liked her. She was like a second mother to me.
"Hello, Kryst. How are you?" She ruffles my hair.
"Awesome!" I chirp.
We went in and I helped clean and cook. Then took out some of the fruit I bought.
"Hey guys, I'm gonna go get some water at the well." I said.
Alibaba and Cassim chose to accompany me.

As we were walking.....
"Oh that's right!" Both of them yelled at the same time.
"What's wrong?" I said once we go to the well.
Both of them went in their pockets.
"Close your eyes." Both said and I looked at them confuse.
But I did what I was told. I felt something put on my hair and something hanging on my neck. They said to open my eyes and I did.
I touched what was on my hair and felt it was a peacock hair ornament. And on my neck a small pink heart necklace.

"Happy Birthday Krystal!!" Both of them cheered.
I felt tears welling up in my eyes and I hugged them.
"Thank you guys!!(let's go of them) I also have something for you guys." I chirped.
I took out the two earrings. The red one is for Cassim, and the yellow one is for Alibaba.
"I got these for you guys!" I grin and they look at me shocked.
They were about to say something but I cut them off.
"Guys.....please. You guys been my friends since I came here. You guys are wonderful people. This is my thank you for being there for me." I smiled as I placed the earrings in their hands.
"You sound like you're saying goodbye." Cassim chuckled.
I Looked down.....
"Wait......" Cassim began.
"You...are...saying......" Alibaba continued.
"Yeah......I'm sorry..." I looked up at them and smiled sadly.
"W---------!!!" Before Alibaba can continue a loud explosion began.