Chapter Twenty (Part Two)

Start from the beginning

"I wanna talk to daddy!" Allisya says loudly.

"Stop screaming." Kera said as I heard shuffling.

"Happy early birthday daddy!" Allisya says enthusiastically.

"Thank you baby girl, you at lunch?"

"Yes."

"What did you order?"

"Mini cheeseburger."

"Mhm, sounds good baby girl. Let me get going put mommy back on.

"Alright. I'm heading home now." I told.

"Okay I'll see you when we get there. Love you."

"Love you too."

****

I sat in my car thinking of how lucky I am to be this successful to have a great family, and to finally get a grip on life. Even with this Lauren situation I'm not gonna let it bring me down, Ima just let God handle it. I stepped out catching my keys in my hand. Jayden's car was home so as usual he was on the couch or upstairs.

I walked into the kitchen grabbing a GingerAle. My phone vibrated in my hand with incoming call. It was the same number Linda gave me so I didn't know what to expect. I headed into into my studio, making sure the door was closed answering the call.

"Hello, Trey?" Lauren says coughing.

"Yeah."

"Did she tell you?"

"Yes."

"Trey, when do you wanna meet up?"

"Lauren, how I know you ain't pulling nothin' I got a family and a life."

"I know I know, and I don't wanna break that, I just need to talk to you face to face it's really important and it involves you- us..." I sighed evidently.

"Fine, this weekend we can meet up at Linda's or something but I mean it I ain't playin' with yo ass!" I state in a warning tone.

"Okay, and I understand Trey. But this is important."

"Okaayy."

"Alright by." She says and I hang up.

The next day—Trey's birthday

I'd picked up Mama being that Keenon was out of town, and everyone else was coming on other times. Kera set up a birthday celebration for me, and I was way to excited and we hadn't left Mama's driveway. Mama was still in the house, wasting time but we weren't late, yet.

I thought back to this morning when Kera and this kids surprised me with birthday pancakes.
I was snapped out of my thoughts when the passenger seat door opened and mama got it.

"Hey birthday boy." She kissed my check looking absolutely beautiful.

"Hey mama." I smiled backing out.