"How you feel about them leaving?"

"See, the thing is I really don't understand why or the purpose of them leaving. That's leaving us to do all the work taking care of our kids you know. That shit irritated the hell out of me."

"Yeah same."

"What Chris been up to?"

"He said he think he lost ya' number and been calling some other shit."

"Niggas stupid ass fuck."

"You tellin' me." He replied.

***

After August and Anthony left Adrian and I picked the twins and Layla up from school, since Jayden obviously had his own transportation. Knowing the kids I took them out from wings and fries at WildWings because I knew they'd be hungry.

"How was school?" I question Allisya as she stuffed her face with cheese fries.

"Good daddy, we had cookies and frosting but only for the people who got the spelling words right."

"Good job baby girl."

"I might do Key Club soon." Layla says.

"What's that?"

"When you volunteer for things and ear key points that go on your collage applications and stuff like that."

"Oh, that would be good."

"Can I go over Major's later?"

"We'll see."

"Dad, why do you always say that?"

"Because I might need help with the kids and I really don't like you going over there."

"You don't even know him." She sighed rolling her eyes.

"I know him enough right now, Layla."

The kids finished up their wings and fries, and Layla had an attitude that I wasn't in the mood for. We'd finally got home just as Layla grabbed Marlon and Mace's leashes for a walk.

Jayden walked in on the phone slouching on the couch with his feet on the coffee table.

"Get off the phone, is your homework done?"

"Hold on, what?"

"Is your homework done?"

"Yeah." He lied and I know when any of my kids lie, specially the older ones.

"Go do it, this is why your grades look like shit now."

"Why you trippin'?"

"I'm tired of telling you shit and you not doing it. Keep it up and you car will go back to the place I got it from."

"Alright chill." He says getting up.

I finished the spaghetti that I'd cooked for dinner helping the twins with their spelling words.

"Daddy, daddy guess what?" Avanni said running in the kitchen.

"What?" I caught her little body, picking up her up.

"I love you."

"I love you too."

"I wanna be Elsa!"

"Elsa huh, but your a princess. Princess Avanni." She giggled uncontrollably.
"And you look like your beautiful mommy and sister."

"I want some psaghetti."

"Psaghetti?"

"Say spaghetti." I say placing her body back down.

"Psaghetti." She says smiling like her mommy.

I kissed her forehead, going upstairs to make sure Adrian takes his medicine. I walked upstairs to Allisya playing with Mace and Marlon.

"Adrian?" I say stepping into his bedroom to him watching Fuller House on Nextflix.

"Here." I say handing him a cup of liquid medicine and a bottle water. He took it with no problem being that his favorite kind of grape and he liked it.

I popped my head in Jayden's room to see him actually doing his homework.

"Dinner done." I told him seeing the hungry look on his face. He simply nodded.

On the sly tip I was kind of hoping Kera
could have called me but I guess she was busy with her work and it wouldn't make sense. The kids finished dinner, and all three especially Adrian was beat out. The leftovers were in the refrigerator just as I sat in the kitchen looking over some song lyrics I had wrote down.