“I am not your baby Stacy, so stop with the names!” I snapped, I did not want her doing that shit when Zoe was around. The last thing I needed was more problems from the slag, she was on thin ice as it was.

“When will you realise that we are mates Hunter! That….bitch of a sister of mine is nothing, you’re just confused” she whined, growling filling the room as soon as she dared to insult my mate. Did she have a death wish, hopefully she did.

Dropping my bag by the door I stormed over towards her, I knew my eyes were most likely my wolves as my hand wrapped around her scrawny neck as my grip tightened just enough to make her feel it.

“We are not mates! We will never be mates and for that I am fucking glad! But you dare insult Zoe again and I will rip you apart, are we clear?” I snapped at her, my tone filled with anger and authority as my body trembled with the attempt not to phase right there and then and end her once and for all. Unfortunately I couldn’t act at the moment, but it wouldn’t be long until I managed to get rid of the bitch.

Her eyes had gone comically wide as soon as I had started storming over, fear and panic flashing through her gaze when she realised that insulting Zoe may not have been the best thing to do, especially in mine and the packs presence.

“I…uh…” was all she managed to gurgle out, my eyes rolling when she tried to claw at my hand to try and get me to release my grip. I released it slightly, though kept her in a firm grip as I leaned forward so my gaze was burning into hers, the scent of her perfume burning my nose slightly as I did so. Wasn’t having a strong sense of smell enough without having to flood the place with that aroma she called perfume?

“Are we clear?” I snapped, vaguely aware of everyone’s eyes on me but like I expected no one commented or even tried to interfere in my rough treatment of Stacy. Honestly nobody cared, I mean who was stupid enough to insult the alphas mate?

“I’m your…mate” she stupidly tried to get out, my grip tightening again as she tried to struggle against me as I picked her off the ground so her toes barely skimmed the wooden floor.

“Are we clear?” I tried again, feeling her try to nod before I released her abruptly from my grip causing her to stumble when she tried to regain her balance by gripping the counter. She was breathing heavily, trying to refill her burning lungs but again it didn’t bother me in the slightest. It was her own fault, she needed to learn the hard way.

It was Jack who broke the tension, Stacy glaring accusing at Jack as if he would interfere with an alpha to protect the so called sister who treated him like shit much like his parents when he pledged his loyalty to me after deciding that the last thing he wanted was to be Alpha. Not only didn’t he stand a chance fighting against me, but he didn’t want the responsibility which came with it. It was understandable I suppose, I could see where he was coming from but I loved being Alpha and nothing would change that for me.

“Good for you mate, bitch needs to learn a lesson” he stated as if Stacy wasn’t his sister, snorts of amusement coming from the guys as giggles and sniggers escaped the females of the pack. I couldn’t help but roll my eyes, trying to fight a grin as I did so.

“Jack! Why didn’t you help me?” Stacy just had to whine, her voice slightly croaky due to my assault on her neck. I could already see the bruises I caused healing rapidly though, they would be gone in a few minutes at the most. While she was a female shifter unfortunately, she was strangely a slow healer for a shifter but we had pegged it down to all female shifters being that way, we didn’t have anyone else to compare it to.

“Me, help you Stacy? Why would I do that?” Jack asked with a raised brow, grinning as his head snapped to the door as Chloe came bouncing in with a shy smile we had all come to know and love on her.