Green Eyes

*Danny*

I've only been sat here for about 20 minutes holding Jess’s hand listening to her heart monitor beeping, I think that sound is what’s keeping me going at the moment even though she has an irregular heart beat that’s normal for Jess I've heard that same irregular heart beat every time we’ve been in this position with different situations. I'm kind of hoping that talking to her will make her flutter her eyes open quicker, I haven’t even seen the girls yet but I know it sounds bad but they are in good hands and right now I don’t have to worry about them Holly text me to tell me they have been bathed fed and are now sleeping. Here goes nothing lets talk to her even though I know she won’t be able to hear me.

Danny: Jess baby it’s me I'm home, I'm so sorry this is all my fault I left and he touched you he hurt you and I promised you I wouldn’t let him hurt you again, I should have been there to protect my three princesses but I wasn’t and I couldn’t be sorrier, this is killing me to see you like this to know that if I was there with you and the girls we wouldn’t be in this situation now I never in a million years thought id ever see my wife like this Jess baby wake up I'm sorry I'm so so so sorry I need you I need to know your going to stay with me in this me and the girls need you now I love you Jessica Ellen O’Donoghue please show me those beautiful green eyes Jess please?

I look at her hoping that she will open her eyes and look at me but no she just remained in the same position her heart monitor staying at the same place her chest going up and down, my hand intertwined in hers squeezing it softly hoping for her to squeeze it back, what was I thinking, thinking that she’s just spring awake now I'm here then I think to myself I'm going to sing her the song I wrote for her our song the one I sang for her and wrote at our wedding because I meant every word in this song I'm hoping if I sing ‘I'm Yours’ it might change something even if its only her squeezing my hand.

You touch these tired eyes of mine
And map my face out line by line
And somehow growing old feels fine
I listen close for I'm not smart
You wrap your thoughts in works of art
And they're hanging on the walls of my heart

I may not have the softest touch
I may not say the words as such
And though I may not look like much
I'm yours
And though my edges may be rough
I never feel I'm quite enough
It may not seem like very much
But I'm yours

You healed these scars over time
Embraced my soul
You loved my mind
You're the only angel in my life
The day news came my best friend died
My knees went weak and you saw me cry
Say I'm still the soldier in your eyes

I may not have the softest touch
I may not say the words as such
And though I may not look like much
I'm yours
And though my edges may be rough
I never feel I'm quite enough
It may not seem like very much
But I'm yours

I may not have the softest touch
I may not say the words as such
I know I don't fit in that much
But I'm yours

I don’t even realize that I'm crying until I feel the wetness on my hand I just look down I didn’t even look at Jess because I just thought to myself it wouldn’t have worked that is until I hear her clear her throat, when I hear that noise my head shoots up and both my hand wrap around hers the tears come even stronger when I see her gorgeous eyes.

Danny: I w-was so scared baby I'm so sorry