Holding You

*Danny*

Have you ever had that feeling you know when time feels like its standing still, a minute feels like an hour and everything you do to try wash your memories with happy thoughts is always over ruled with the thoughts that you don’t need in your mind but have to be there, that’s how I feel, I've done another five hours so only 3 hours left but it feels like it’s been the same time for the last, I don’t know how long. I just want my 3 girls and to see that my wife is ok. Then Glen pops up again ugh for fuck sake he pops up like every hour its starting to piss me off now.

Glen: Dan?

Danny: What

Glen: I just logged on to the plane internet and emailed Hol on line she said they are at the hospital the girls are fine and Jess is still out

Danny: what so she hasn’t come round yet?

Glen: I'm sorry man

Danny: ok only 2 hours and a half left right?

Glen: Right

***

So after what felt like a year the plane comes to a stop I don’t think I've ever moved so fast, I jumped up unclipped my seatbelt told Glen to get my suitcase I just pegged it out of the airport and in to a cab straight to the Hospital ringing Holly on the way asking her what level Jess is on turns out the fucking top floor level 21 fucking hell she told me that Jess is still unconscious and the girls went back to Clair’s Holly is on her own because she just gave Harry to Clair as well, I guess Glen will come as soon as he has checked us all out but I have been away from Jess long enough seen as she’s in hospital I wasn’t going to wait any longer seen as I was in London where my family are I had the touchdown and ran. Wouldn’t anyone though? I reached the Hospital literally throw money at him slam the door and run straight to the open lift  hit 21 and don’t even care if other people want to come in right now because I don’t people to be like ‘OH MY GOD YOUR DANNY O’DONOGHUE’ right now I just need to hold my wife’s hand and know she’s ok. After like 10 minutes the lift comes to a stop and I run out down the busy corridors when I hear a very familiar voice.

Holly: DAN!

Danny: Holly, where is she is she ok, is she up?

Holly: through there we aren’t aloud in yet I haven’t seen her just been sat here waiting Dan when you see her be prepared.

Danny: w-what d-do you mean?

Holly: she hasn’t come round yet, and her face bruised the doctor wouldn’t talk to me because I'm not her next of kin her parents have been but they wouldn’t talk to them either they needed you

Danny: when is the doctor coming back I need to know is her face worse than when her hurt  her before?

Holly: 10 times worse, and like any minute now

Danny: are you serious

Holly: yeah her eye socket is badly swollen her cheeks are I don’t even know she doesn’t look like…Jess

Danny: s-s-she she’s still my Jess

Holly: I know babe come on don’t cry

Danny: s-sorry

We are interrupted by the Doctor comes up to me and smiles at me sympathetically I turn at him and kind of give him the pleading look.  

Doctor: your Mr O’Donoghue right?

Danny: Y-eah

Doctor: In need to talk to you about Jessica O’Donoghue

Danny: Ye-ah

Doctor: would you follow me please Mr O’Donoghue

Danny: Dan-nny…call me Danny

Doctor: sorry Danny, this way please

Danny: ok

I follow him into a kind of little office where he gestures for me to take a seat witch I do.

Doctor: So Jessica..

Danny: Jessie…Jess

Doctor: sorry Jessie well as Holly probably told you she has a load of cuts bruises she also has 3 broken ribs, a broken arm and a minor head injury, her condition is stable she is unconscious but not in a coma Holly told us about this Chris so we called the police it wasn’t that hard to find him he’s been taken away for a long time. Jessie will wake up in the next two hours and when she does please don’t be to worried act normally around her she probably wont talk to you she might just look, for a while but she might utter words to you you may go and see her now only one person at a time and that will be you for the first 3 hours at least please Danny you may as well tell everyone else to go home.

Danny: o-oh okay thanks I will go in now I will tell Holly to go home and Glen will be here now

Doctor: ok Danny she’s a little fighter

Danny: she’s my fighter

Doctor: I'm glad she has you your children are lucky to have such down to earth parents

Danny: thank you Doc

With that I walk out and head to tell Holly and Glen to go home they nod and understand, they said they’d go get Rosie and Shaya as well as Harry to take the weight off Clair. I brace myself and walk through to Jess I gasp as I see my wife in such a state I cant help the hot tears leave my eyes to see my life lying there her face is I don’t even know how to describe it dry blood all over that beautiful face swollen as well I don’t even care she’s still perfect its just killing me to see my wife like this her heart monitor going, I travel over and hold her hand (the one that isn’t broken) I notice its her left that is broken and her rings are missing this makes me think, I kiss her head and go find a nurse.

Danny: hey excuse me?

Nurse: yes?

Danny: m-my wife Je—

Nurse: ohhhhh hey Danny yeah Jessie what about her

Danny: I noticed its her left arm that is broken and where would her rings be?

Nurse: oh my god yes follow me

I do as she says and follow her to the front desk as she hands me Jessie’s rings

Nurse: we took them off her because her fingers were swelling and they were getting stuck

Danny: its fine I just got a bit worried she’d freak if she lost them

Nurse: I understand

I walk off back to Jess placing her rings on my necklace so that I don’t lose them and hold her hand tightly waiting to see those gorgeous green eyes again.

A/N

someone inbox me cheer me up...shit Day...