Flying back to be with you

*Jessie*

The suspense of waiting to know who is the Dad was killing me its one of those moments where the words ‘well’ come out of the doctors mouth and feels like forever but in reality it been like 2 seconds since it rolled off his lips  get me? I'm sat here jugging my knees up and down as Clair is sat there with a sceptical look on her face; she must be so confused right now, as are me and Holly. Then the Doctor continues with his sentence.

Doctor: well there are a few things I need you to know.

Clair: I don’t like the sound of this

Doctor: would you stand up for me please and turn to the side lifting your top up.

Clair: errr sure

She does as the doctor says and the bump is really noticeable shit, how far a long is she is my first thought and then the doctor tells her she can sit again.

Doctor: Clair, you need to know some things about this baby and you may not like your friends to be here for it but if you want me to carry on with them and your son in the room I can.

Clair: your scaring me now…of course I don’t mind them being here what’s wrong with my baby I wanted to know who the dad is and this doesn’t sound like that’s all your going to tell me.

Doctor: do you want me to tell you the Dad thing first then?

Clair: yeah ok..

Doctor: so The father of Mason is Kyle O’Donoghue right

Clair: yeahh

Doctor: well as we needed more than just Mason’s DNA to do this because of a reason I will tell you in a minute I linked Kyle To Daniel O’Donoghue Brother right?

Jessie: right? What has this got to do with Danny?

Doctor: well I needed something else to work with so I hear Daniel is up in ward 7 and he had blood taken and matched it up with Mason’s and it does show that Mason and this baby have the same dad, I don’t know if your happy or not but yes Kyle O’Donoghue is the father to this baby.

Clair: ok, and what is the thing you need to tell me about

Doctor: well your further along than you first thought you must have got pregnant, soon after having Mason because your like 3 months

Clair: wow, errr news

Doctor: as we did a special scan type thing when we tested this baby I could tell you what your having if you wanted to know.

Clair: ok what is it?

Doctor: you’re having a Girl

Clair: right what’s wrong with her

Doctor: well the scans and cells of this baby shows that when she is born she has a hole in her heart, and also will have difficulty breathing she could just grow out of the breathing thing but as soon as she is born will need a very serious operation to fix her heart and her valves in it are damaged so that will need to be looked at, this baby will also need to be delivered around 6 weeks early to prevent you going into labour because the stress of her coming out naturally would 9/10 times kill her and this operation will be very very very life threating to her I'm so sorry Clair but this is a very rare case that we do not see in many babies I'm so sorry I really am.

Right now Clair has broken down and I'm holding her tight all 3 of us have tears falling from our eyes Clair is in a state and the doctor leaves the room shooting Clair a sympathetic smile before going he hands me a box of tissues and then I hug Clair tighter than I did before, she sobs so hard into my chest the thought of the baby dying is killing all of us because mason is like my nephew and so is Harry this is like losing any of my sisters kids. Holly and Clair are like my sisters in so many ways.