Akward Moment

Hermione and I had just changed into our dinner outfits and was downstairs starting on dinner. We were having steak and potatoes, something simple but tasty. Hermione was finishing her cake and was adding tiny flowers to it.

"So what do you think about my parents?" Hermione asked me.

"They are nice and they seem very proud of you" I responded casually.

"Yeah my parents are always proud of me, even when I make a mistake." Hermione said as she put the last flower on the cake and covered it.

I was moving the steaks over to to platters when there was a knock on the door.

"That should be them." Hermione said as she took off her apron and headed upstairs to answer the door.

I quickly moved the food to the table and grabbed a bottle of 1947 butterwine from the cabinet and placed wine glasses out. Before I took off my smock and hung it out of the way. Just in time too as I could hear Mr. and Mrs Granger talking with their daughter as they decended the stair case. I moved forward quickly to greet them.

"Your home is so big, and beautiful" Mrs. Granger spoke.

"Thank you, I inherited it from my mum and dad." I murmered as I walked to the table and pulled out the chair for her. "Mrs Granger if you please." I said kindly.

She smiled and walked forward taking a seat.

"Thank you" she murmered as I scooted her chair in and moved to do the same for Hermione.

We all gathered around the table and filled our plates with food before I began pouring their glasses with wine.

"What is this?" Mr. Granger questioned as he took a sip of the wine and smacked his lips.

"It's butterwine, a more elegantly procured form of butterbeer."

"It's delicious" he added.

"Thank you."

"So Hermione love have you thought about college yet? Surely you want to continue your education." Her mother started.

I looked to her confused and watched as she tried to avoid my gaze. What was her mother talking about? College, I am pretty sure that is some type of muggle school.

"I've been looking and found a few, my trust fund should cover it." she said, blushing a bit.

"So you want to go to college Hermione?" I asked her.

"Of course she does" Her father piped up. "She is smart and will make an excellent doctor someday."

"But she is working at the Ministry of Magic as a Lawyer"

"That is a nice start but she should really go to college. Do they have any in the magic world?" Her father asked.

"No but they train you-" I began before I was interupted.

"She needs to go to college, I mean what if she wants to live in the regular world someday? None of her credentials will help her get a normal job."

"She would never want to live in the regular world, right Hermione?"

I waited for her to speak and to back me up but she was silent. She blushed as she looked between me and her parents as if she was looking for the right thing to say.

"Hermione?"

"Draco, I don't know" she mumbled. "I mean, who knows where the future will take me."

Wow, she might as well say  'Sorry Draco but I don't see you in my future' Surely she can't assume I'd want to live life as a muggle when I was raised as a wizard all my life. In my world I had money to take care of her with a house for us and our future family and not to mention we were just offered top of the line jobs that would normally take over 3 years to secure.

Hermione's parents finished their glasses of butterbeer before they got to their feet.

"This dinner was nice" Her father said before they headed towards the door. "Hermione dear can you please walk with us to the door." He asked. Immeadiately she followed.

I waited for them to get to the stairs before I quietly made my way up. I stopped at the head of the stairs and listened to their conversation.

"Hermione, I'm not sure if I like him too much he seems too controlling. You know your plan of going to the University of London. Don't let one guy ruin it, just because he has all this money-"

"Dad, hush you are talking ignorantly. I don't give a crap about his money and I will do as I please. If I want to live in the wizarding world you will have to respect that. You don't have to worry about me and my choices, like you said I am a smart girl and I will do what I think is best for my future."

I heard the door open and then close. I came out onto the landing and stared at her.

"When were you going to tell me?"