The Battle of Hogwarts

Start from the beginning

"How can we trust him, he is a Slytherin." A random girl spoke.

"He helped us break into his aunts vault at Gringotts and then helped us destroy one of Voldemorts horcruxes." Ron snapped. "Yeah thats right Draco has a good side."

Though my face didn't show it, I was certainly smiling inside. It was nice to have them stick up for me and I was glad they could trust me.

"So I am looking for something, I don't know much about it but that it belonged to Rowena Ravenclaw. It should be small and easy to conceil." He finished.

There was a long pause of silence before a tiny voice spoke.

"What about her Lost Diadiem" A girl I recognized as Luna spoke.

I used to fancy her in my second year, I liked her unusual wisdom and her hair and eyes. A few weeks later I started openingly crushing on Hermione, then I realized that I didn't like Luna I just happen to think she was something because she reminded me of my mother.

"No one alive has seen it, that is why they call it her Lost Diadum" A sorta asian looking girl spoke.

Just then a girl with red hair ran in. She looked straight to Ron and ran into his arms.

"Thank goodness you are safe, mum has been worrying." She whispered to him. "Snape knows Harry was spotted in Hogsmead, he is calling all the students into the Great Hall." She then spoke to the entire room.

Great, now what was I suppose to do. A Ravenclaw student walked up to me and patted me on the shoulders.

"Hold the fort, we have a few more people coming through." He smiled in a friendly manner. "It's nice to have you on our side" he added before he followed after everyone else.

I had thought for a moment that I was alone but then I turned to find Ron and Hermione there. I smiled to Ron and then went to take a seat beside Hermione. She looked at me with an happy expression, I just wanted to yell at her. How can she pretend like nothing happened between us.

"Hermione, I don't understand why you can't see that you mean everything to me. Losing you is the only thing I can't handle; I don't care about losing anything else." I whispered low enough that Ron couldn't hear it.

"Draco, please not now." she whispered back.

Before I could say another word in defense the portrait hole opened and several others walked in. I noticed almost everyone except a older red head -Bill- whose name I caught moments later when his mother called him. Just like before everyone stopped when they saw me.

"He's on our side guys" Ron spoke quickly.

Then the room carried on. Hermione got to her feet and we filed out of the room towards the Great Hall. On our way down a Death Eater saw us and recognized Hermione and show a killing curse at her.

"Protego" I yelled causing it to rebound and destroy an arch way that collapsed and killed the Death Eater.

Hermione had been taken by shock as she didn't see the Death Eater.

"Thank you Draco" she said in a shakey voice before she continued on.

Before I knew it we were walking into the Great Hall and Harry was there yelling at Head Master Snape about killing Dumbledore. He quickly rose his wand and Professor McGonagall stepped out infront of Harry with her wand rose as well.

She whipped her wand about and several streams of fire flew from the tip of her wand towards him. I watched stunned as the man who once taught Defense Against the Dark Arts did nothing but block her spells. I was happy though because I personally didn't want her to get hurt. Two gasps were heard as McGonagalls spelled hit the two Death Eaters on Severus' flanks. He then surprisingly flew out of the window.

Every student in the room clapped and cheered and then it all went silent. Darkness fell upon the room and a weird feeling filled my head. I jumped lightly as I heard a girl screaming. I turned quickly to make sure Hermione was in my line of sight and then grasped my wand prepared to defend her or myself if needed. Then I heard his voice.

"I know that you are preparing to fight. Your efforts are futile. I do not want to spill magical blood. Give me Harry Potter, and they shall not be harmed. Give me Harry Potter and I shall leave the school untouched. Give me Harry Potter and you will be rewarded. You have until midnight." It hissed.

I looked around, it seemed as if every student in the Great Hall had backed away from Harry in fear.

"But he is there! Someone grab him!" I heard Pansy speak.

A thousand thoughts went through my mind. They won't trust me if I don't protect Harry. But if my house see's me they will call me a traitor. I was stuck between two choices but I knew which one I was to pick. Quickly I moved forward to stand infront of Harry and then several others joined my side making a human like sheild.

"Your a traitor!" Pansy yelled at me. "Draco, you are a Slytherin what are you doing protecting the likes of him"

"It's the right thing to do. I don't know about you but I don't want a life with Voldemort forcing me to do his bidding."

Several gasps - most from Slytherin house members - filled the hall before they died down. Hermione moved towards my side from the front of the shield and took my hand. I looked over to her and caught her smile.

"I am not leaving your side" she whispered to me.

I squeezed her hand in reassurance as I listened to McGonagall.

"Filch your timing is perfect, Please escort Miss Parkinson and the reast of the Slytherin's to the dungeons."

We waited as Harry went and talked to McGonagall and then we followed him out.

"Harry!" Ron called.

"Not now Ron, I need to go and find that Diadiem." Harry replied in a hasty tone.

"What should we do?" I asked.

"Help gaurd the castle. I have the map, I will find you guys when I find the horcrux."

I nodded my head and the three of us headed towards the clock tower where Kingsley and the Weasley kids dad was along with Lupin -our old DADA professor-.

"Hey you guys over here!" Fred called, or maybe it was George.

Hermione, Ron and myself headed over and we began a chat.

"So Draco are you two-timing us." Fred asked.

Hermione slapped his shoulder.

"Don't be rediculous, he is with us he stood against Slytherin house you were there."

"Sheesh Hermione I was just joking."

A light pulled my attention and I looked out towards the gate that surrounded Hogwarts to see a shield of some sort forming. I can't believe this is happening, the final fight. I knew deep down inside that someone was going to die tonight, I just hoped that it was none of my new friends. I felt something touch my fingers and I looked down to see Hermione reaching her hand out to me. I knew how strong of a woman she was but the look on her face had me freaking out, she looked terrified.

I pulled Hermione to my side and wrapped my arms gently around her.

"Don't be afraid, I will protect you if its the last thing I do."

I was surprised at the truth in my words. I knew and she did too that I wouldn't let anything happen to her.