Itachi x Reader x Naruto

You looked at Itachi lovingly as he read his book peacefully next to your hospital bed. He looked up "What is it?" You smile "just admiring your beauty." He closes his book while 'Hn'ing then smiling a bit. "Now stop stealing my line, I'm supposed to say that." You giggle a bit "you're Itachi Uchiha, you don't say things like that." "You're right, but you're an exception as my girlfriend." You smile and you're interrupted by a nurse knocking. "How are we doing today (Y/N)! It's time for your morning medication."

You look over at Itachi and grab his hand. "(Y/N), you have to in order to get better." He says in a serious tone. You grab the medication from the nurse giving you a knowing look and you take your pills. She smiles, "Naruto came to see you today! Isn't that great!" Your eyes gleam with happiness and you look over at Itachi "Itachi he came!" "I told you he wouldn't forget about you."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"How is she?" Naruto quietly asks the nurse. She sighs "Lord Hokage, I'm afraid she's back to hallucinating again. We found out that she's faked taking her medicine for some time." He sighs and places a smile on his face sitting on your bed. "Hey (Y/N)-chan." "Naruto! You finally came." "Yeah, being appointed as the new Hokage has kept me busy." You smile gently "it's alright! Itachi was right." Naruto smile falters "(Y/N)...Itachi-" you suddenly hold Naruto's hand. "Itachi wants to get married! We plan to have the wedding after I'm better! He-We, want your blessing." Naruto gives you a hurt look and your smile changes to a frown. "What's wrong Naruto? I know Itachi has done bad things but-but he did it for Sasuke and I love him-" "Itachi is not here (Y/N)." Naruto says with gritted teeth. You stare at him wide eyed. "N-Naruto-" "Itachi is just in your mind, he's gone. He's dead. Just let him go!" Naruto embraces you tightly. "I'm the only one here for you now! And I'm the one who loves you."

You were Naruto's best friend since genin, and you have been in the psych department of Konoha for years. Naruto was now Hokage and he still tried to visit you. He still loved you after all that has happened; even if you left Konoha to be with your lover Itachi. Sadly Sasuke kept his promise to kill him and his death took a great impact and left you in depression and you later couldn't handle it till your brain made you think and see Itachi always there with you. Naruto vowed to wait until you got better and also vowed to make you his wife, no matter how many others told him it would never happen or if people tried to match him with Hinata.

Tears stream down your eyes and you look to the side and see Itachi with a smile. "He's right (Y/N)." You shake your head and push Naruto away. "No! I love Itachi! He's here! He's...right here." You begin to sob and hang your head "I'm sorry Naruto, I can't love you." You began to cry a lot more. A hurt Naruto gets up and walks out of the room.

"Lord Hokage, I'm sorry for her behavior. You have to understand, Itachi's passing affected her greatly...that's the reason she's ended up here." Naruto held in his tears "It's hard to see the person you love, love someone who isn't there." He muttered as he took his leave, "I'll be back when I have time." The nurse nods and looks towards you, you were back to smiling at the wall where in your sight stood a Itachi. Naruto could only hope that one day, you; the girl he loves, can seek him and not Itachi Uchiha.