Neji x Reader

"Hey Neji there goes (Y/N)-Senpai." Kiba playful slaps Neji's back motioning towards your way as you came through the school entrance. Neji scowls at Kiba but turns to you with a longing look. "So you gonna go greet her or what?" Kiba shoves him towards your way and Neji looks back to glare coldly at him. "Goodmorning Neji." You smile sweetly at him as he scratches the back of his head in embarrassment. "Goodmorning (Y/N)-Senpai." Once again you beat him to it, Neji wanted confidence to speak to you but you always had to initiate the greeting or talk.

You and Neji met each other due to student council responsibilities, you were a 2nd year while Neji was a freshman. Through half of the year you and Neji have spent together, he has grown fond over you and noticed he fell in love with you as well. But he was irritated at the fact that you might only see him as little brother and nothing more.

Your smile fades away "Neji! I told you not to be formal. We're friends you know? Just (Y/N) is fine with me." Neji nods "Alright, I have to get to class...see you at the meeting." With that Neji turns with an upset look "Just friends huh..." He mutters to himself as he goes to class leaving you sort of sad and confused.

As Neji was sitting in class he was lost in thought. He knew that his abrupt departure from you earlier must have hurt you but he couldn't help but have a cold hearted attitude. He grew up with it and he thought that it might make him look more mature in your eyes.

-Timeskip-
-Lunchtime-

Neji was sitting with his what he thought 'Idiotic' friends. They were laughing and goofing around except Sasuke of course. "Hey you two should stop smiling so much." Naruto sarcasticly said making Neji and Sasuke scowl at the same time making everybody in the group laugh. Neji shakes his head directing his eyes somewhere else and they landed on you. You were carrying a stack of papers and many boys tried offering their help but you kept rejecting. Neji got up making his way towards you snatching most of papers from the stack. "N-Neji? Thanks." You smile and blush a little. "You shouldn't carry so many by yourself (Y/N)." Many boys look at Neji with envy and jealousy. Neji glares at them and walks with you to wherever you're going.

Once you and Neji deliver the papers you walk towards outside. Suddenly a very nervous guy walks up to the both of you. "Um (L/N)-san, may I speak with you alone?" Neji glared at the guy making him scared "Y-you know what...never mind!" With that he quickly walks away.

You turn towards Neji and glare at him. "Neji! Why did you do that? You scared him." "I don't care. I know what he was about to do and I can't allow it." "what was he going to do then?" Neji starts walking away and you get in his way. "Tell me." He stays quiet and just walks away again. "Can you please stop doing that! You always do that! You always make it seem like your nice to me and then you turn cold. I don't know if you even like my presence. I can't get closer to you if you act this way." Your eyes begin to water. Without turning Neji speaks. "He was going to confess." "W-what?" "That guy was going to confess to you... I can't let him do that to the girl I love." Then Neji turns to you and you see that he is entirely serious. "N-Neji-" "It's okay, I know you don't feel the same because I'm younger than you-" You smack Neji's arm hard and he hisses. "What the hell!?" "You idiot! I don't care if you're younger!! I'm in love with you too! You just never noticed because you always brush me away with your cold attitude!" As you stop you turn as red as a tomato and cover your face. Neji blushes a bit but sighs in relief.

He then goes and pulls you into a hug making your face rest on his chest. "Do you want to be my girlfriend?" You squeal and nod hugging him tight. You had finally got him to open his heart to you.  He kisses your forehead and you both walk hand in hand back to Neji's friends much to their surprise.