Kiba x Reader

"Daddy, what is this?" Kiba turns around only to feel a pang in his heart. His 5 year old daughter was holding a card you had given him many years ago as a valentine. "T-that's nothing (Daughter's name), give it here" She disobeyed and opened the card looking at a photo of you and Kiba in your teen years. "Was this my mommy?"

Kiba sighs, he's never talked about you, not once to your daughter. He was too sad to bring the topic up, it hurt him greatly that his daughter had to grow up without a mother. At one point he thought about giving up sending (Daughter's name) to the foster care system. Whenever he looked at her he saw the exact image of you, she had all your features and personality. She was curious and risk taking, but also caring and kind.

"Yes, that is your mother, isn't she beautiful?" (Daughter's name) nods happily, and looks at the photo lovingly. "She looks just like you" Kiba says stroking his daughter's hair. "Did mommy love us?" "Of course, why would you ask that?" (Daughter's name) frowns and throws the card at Kiba. "Then why did she leave us! Why is she not here like the other mommies! She doesn't love us!" Kiba restrained his daughter and hugged her tightly. "Mommy didn't want to leave, she was taken away by someone. She loved you even more than the world..." Kiba whispered. This caused his daughter to sob and begin to cry in his chest and it took all his will to hold back his own tears. He needed to appear strong for his child, he promised you that you would love her and always protect her.

After a while his daughter fell asleep in his arms. He took her to bed and tucked her in kissing her forehead. He made his way to his own room and sat at the edge of his bed with his head resting in his hands. He recalled the memory of you dying. "Kiba I love you, please take care of (Daughter's name), she's everything to us." Out of anger Kiba punched the wall until his hand bled and tears began to slip. Akamaru came in whining and licked Kiba trying to cheer him up. "Thanks boy... I know she's in a better place now." He pets Akamaru lovingly, recalling all the good memories for the rest of the night.