Itachi x Reader

You made your way through the park, it was your lunch break and you always sat in the park to eat your salad. When you were approaching to the park bench you saw a man sitting in your usual spot, he was very handsome but he was also sulking. You went and stood there awkwardly "um, do you mind if I sit here?" You felt the need to ask since you felt like you were intruding in his privacy. "Oh, not at all, please sit." You sit and take out your salad and begin to eat enjoying the delicious leafy greens smiling to yourself. Then you glance at the guy, he's still sulking and the sight of someone sad, makes you sad. "Um Hi I'm (Y/N)" you extend your hand and he takes it "Itachi, Itachi Uchiha" He stares at you as if waiting for a reaction. "Um...yes?" "You seriously don't know who I am?" "Um am I supposed to?" He half smiles and shakes his head. "I'm just in a famous company, everyone I meet always is surprised at meeting me." "Oh...sorry, I don't really follow up on things like that."

He then goes back to sulking. To make him feel better you reach into your pocket to grab some candy and hand it to him. He stares at you confused and you look down to see you were offering a dog treat. You turn red with embarrassment and place it back quickly in your pocket. "S-sorry!! Wrong pocket!!" You quickly take out the lollipop from your other pocket and give it to him. He takes it gladly but starts chuckling nonstop and stops after a minute. "Thanks, why are you carrying dog treats anyway?" "Well, I'm a vetenerian and I work just across the street. I always come here for my lunch breaks." He nods "working with animals...it must keep you busy" "yeah but I love it..... Um Itachi if you don't mind...are you okay? You seem sad. Y-you don't have to tell me if you don't want to!" You look ahead to stare at the flowers infront of you. You hear him sigh. "Actually, I'm very upset and frustrated...My wife, we seem to be in a lot of arguments lately and I try to work things out but she pushes me away, that spark just isn't there anymore you know?" You nod understanding what he's going through. "It must be tough but let me ask you this, Do you love her?" He paused thinking for a moment before giving a sour smile. "Months ago I would have said yes in a second, but now...I'm not so sure." "You should really think about it carefully, it may be that your frustration is covering your love for her or you may really not love her." Itachi nods at you before thinking seriously. "Don't worry, you don't need to know the answer now, but when you do you'll know what to do." You check your watch "lunch is over already, well I have to go, it was nice meeting and talking to you, I hope you feel better." Itachi smiles at you, a real smile. "Thank you, you've really helped me a lot (Y/N), maybe I'll see you around?" You smile gently and give him a pat. "Sure." With that you made your way back to work.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It's been a week and you were in your usual lunch break spot. "(Y/N)" You turn to see Itachi sitting next to you. "Well Itachi! You look much better than last week! No offense haha" "Thanks" He chuckles. "So what brings you here?" "Oh, just thought I'd talk to you again, I really enjoyed talking to you last week." "So did I" you smile. You guys enjoyed a good hour together before you had to go back to work. You didn't dare ask about his wife since it'd be like meddling in his life. Ever since that day Itachi had given you his number. You guys would sometimes talk on the phone, sometimes he'd come visit you. Throughout time you had fallen in love with the Uchiha, but you knew it wouldn't work out. He had a wife, and you didn't want to ruin a marriage. You also believed you weren't good enough for Itachi as you'd seen a picture of him and her in one of the magazines that did a cover for his company once. She was gorgeous, successful, and looked really kind and that brought your self esteem down.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Today you went to work a little earlier as you wanted to avoid your friends from taking you somewhere for your birthday. You loved them to death but last years surprise got out of control. After about 3 hours of working your coworker Amy came in to your office. "(Y/N) some really handsome guy came and asked for you!" She squealed. "Um okay?" You went to the waiting area and saw Itachi there holding a bouquet of roses. "I-Itachi? What are you doing here?" He smiled at you "Happy Birthday (Y/N)" he offered you the flowers and you took them with a blush. "T-thanks Itachi, they're lovely, but you really didn't have too." "How could I not? Oh there's one more gift I have for you." You look at him confused. He motions you toward outside and you follow leaving Amy to take your roses to your office.

Once you are outside Itachi leans in and kisses you gently. You widen your eyes in shock but slowly close them as you're melted into the kiss. He holds you by the waist as your hands rest on his chest. You then quickly shove him away and he stares at you in shock and hurt. "I-Itachi, I can't..." You turn to leave but he grasps your hand. "Why not!?" You don't look at him as you feel so ashamed then you start tearing up. "Itachi, you're a married man. You can't do this to your wife, she doesn't deserve it." Itachi sighs and embraces you. "(Y/N), I tried, I really tried to work things out with her...but throughout time I came to realize that she wasn't the one I loved anymore." You look up at him. "I love you (Y/N) and I want you to be mine. I am no longer married, the divorce took place just yesterday." You wiped away your tears smiling. "You Idiot, why didn't you tell me." You laugh as you lightly punch him then you both share a passionate kiss. "I love you too."