Hashirama x Reader

You try your best to smile as big as you can, everyone telling you it's going to be fine. 'Here comes the bride' starts to play and you feel a knot create in your stomach. The doors opens and everyone you know turns back to look at Mito.

She wears a smile on her face making people look at her in adoration as for your close friends, they just stare disapprovingly. Your eyes shift to Hashirama standing at the end of the aisle, he looks back at you with sadness and regret but you only give him a sad smile. You had to be there in order to help him through it but unbeknownst to you, you only made it harder for him to let go. All the memories you both shared came flashing back to you.

The times where you both were bestfriends then became boyfriend and girlfriend. The times where you both shared your 'firsts'. When you were both happy, and it seemed like nothing in the world could ruin that. That is until Hashirama asked you to marry him and become his wife. Everything was crushed when his father disapproved saying you weren't high in status enough to marry him. At first it didn't bother both of you, but then his father threatened you and he made Hashirama marry Mito.

The time came when Hashirama had to say his 'I do', he looked towards you having to swallow back the lump in his throat that threatened to make him cry. He looked away "I do". Those two words killed you and you couldn't take it anymore. As they were both ending the ceremony you walked out as fast as possible, tears spilling freely from your eyes. The man you love was going to spend the rest of his life with someone else in order to protect you. Running away meant you were never coming back.
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

You gasp jumping up, sweat running down your face. You look at the clock reading 2:34am. "Will it ever stop?" You whisper. It's been 5 years since that happened and you still couldn't let go of the horrible memory.

"Mommy, are you okay?" Your 4 year old son says peeking through your bedroom door. "Are you having a bad dream again? Here, Mr. Sniffles will make you feel better." He runs over to you handing you his favorite stuffed animal. "Thanks sweety, would you like to sleep with mommy for tonight?" He nods happily snuggling in the covers as he quickly falls asleep. You look at your son and stroke his cheek lovingly. You never had the chance to tell Hashi, and his son looks exactly like him. A tear slips down your face as you hug your son tightly, he is your precious gift. "I love you." You whisper falling asleep.