Naruto x Reader

You sigh as you spin your pencil in boredom, you were in art class and your teacher told you to sketch/draw/paint the most important thing to you. This made you think...family was important...school...hobbies...pets, but you knew everyone would already be sketching those. Your eyes shift to your Bestfriend Naruto Uzumaki. He was working at a gentle and happy pace. The expression on him was mesmerizing, you eyed his features in admiration as you forgot you were staring. "Ahem." The teacher interrupted you from your thoughts as you blushed in embarrassment mumbling a quick sorry and you went back to look at your empty white paper.

-Flashback-
Naruto was an orphan, he had lost both his parents when they went on a business trip. He had been alone since he was 5 and when he entered your elementary school, he immidiatetly went up to you saying you were pretty, like his mother. Being the innocent 5 year old you were you smiled at him asked him if he wanted to be friends. Ever since then he was never alone, he had a friend forever.
-Flashback over -

You started sketching while smiling to yourself, You can't lie, you've been in love with Naruto since the last year of elementary and now you were in your second year of High school. You have thought of confessing before but in middle school he met Sakura and claimed to have a crush on her and you still thought he did till this day.

The last bell rang signaling it was the end of the day. "Students, you may stay if you need to finish... We'll present tomorrow." With that the art teacher left. Every boy in class said goodbye to you as you said goodbye back. "Naruto, are you ready?" You ask as you place your drawing in your backpack. "YUP" he says as he finishes his painting. He grabs his backpack and walks with you to the door until he grasps your hand suddenly, by now you two are the only ones left in the class. "What is it Naruto?" "Do you wanna see my painting!?" He asks you excitedly. You smile and nod at his childness. He leads you to his painting and you stand there with shock. It was a painting of you smiling and the background was the tree you both sit under during lunch.

"N-Naruto... It's beautiful b-but why?" "What do ya mean 'why', our assignment it was to draw the most important thing to us and...you're the most important thing to me in the world (Y/N)." You blush many shades of red. "I-I am?" You smile but then it fades away. "What's wrong? Does it bother you?" "I thought that Sakura was your most important person...since you like her." You finish sadly and look away. You hear Naruto burst into laughter. "Silly (Y/N)" he gives you a grin and grabs your arm planting a kiss on your backhand. "I've always been in love with you, I only said I liked her because well...people always told me I would never have a chance with you." You hug Naruto and breath in his nice cologne. "I love you too Naruto." He looks into your eyes and gently kisses you, it only lasted a second but it was enough to make you feel butterflies in your stomach.

"So what did you draw?" He says afterwards. You take out your drawing and show it to him with a tiny blush. Naruto gives a toothy grin. "It looks exactly like me! I love it!!" He places it next to his painting. He intertwines his hand in yours and you both walk out the school as an official couple.