Chapter 17

Lucius words were directed to Headmaster Dumbledore, "Why do you think Harry Potter needs to be resorted?" Rita Skeeter asks a question in everybody mind, leaning closer for an answer. "To be sure he is in the house he belongs and that will be enough questions for today. So please exit my Manor the same way you entered," Lucius says his words commanding leaving no room for them to decline. He is glad he was prepared for this since he really doubted Corvus would speak at all. Everyone left except Dumbledore and Minerva, who Lucius had no doubt that she knew what actually was happening. She is a fierce lioness that would protect her cubs from harm under that strict exterior.

Dumbledore walks up to Lucius wearing that loving grandfather look on his face which disgusted Lucius to no end. "Mr. Malfoy, would it be okay if I spoke to Harry?" Dumbledore asks his eyes glancing at Corvus, who held tight to Narcissa in fright that Dumbledore might send him somewhere worse than the Dursley's. Narcissa stood up with an arm around Corvus thin shoulders, "I'm sorry Headmaster, but Harry needs his rest," Narcissa says then she left the room with Corvus.

Dumbledore was about to comment on that, but Minerva stopped him by saying, "Albus stop this can't you see the condition poor Harry is in? He needs rest not answer any questions and even if it pains me I agree that Harry should have a resorting. He went through too much no doubt something is different in him, and the hat will place him where he belongs whenever it's in Gryffindor or any other house," Dumbledore was taken aback by her words and he found it hard to come up with a comeback to her words. Lucius stayed silent watching the exchange happen oh, how exciting it was to see Dumbledore be rendered speechless. He is sure Tom would enjoy hearing about this.

Minerva stared down the headmaster before turning to Mr. Malfoy to say, "I will personally send an owl with the sorting hat so he can be sorted but I will ask for a letter in return," she says. Lucius nods, "Yes, I will make sure to let you know," he replies.

Lucius could see how Dumbledore has to push down his anger because if he were alone with him. It wouldn't end well, and it would ruin everything, Minerva nodded her approval before excusing herself and Dumbledore who didn't dare utter a word to Lucius. He didn't dare relax still he was sure no outsider were near his home, "Did they leave?" Narcissa asks from near the door. Lucius nods, "How is Corvus?" watching her face fall before she spoke, "He is a little shaken up but right now he is resting in his room. He wouldn't even let go of something in his hand that Topaz gave him,"

"A shell," Topaz spoke from right behind Narcissa startling her, "Can you make a sound when you walk?" Narcissa ask. Topaz shakes her head and looks down at her bare feet, "I have not made it to shoe or whatever goes down there is called level," Topaz says.

I have a lot of work cut out for me when it comes to her. Narcissa thought, "Corvus seemed a little scare did someone he knows came?" Topaz ask. Lucius nods, "Dumbledore. He's the one who left Corvus with the Dursley's," he says keeping a close eye on Topaz whose hands tighten at her side he glanced at his wife who saw it too. She places a hand on Topaz shoulder, "Come with me Topaz, why don't we go see if Draco is not busy so we can talk tell you things about our world," Narcissa says as a way to get her mind on something else. Lucius watches them leave before he made his way to his study to write a letter to Severus and ask him to be presented when the sorting of Corvus takes place.