49 (Final)

They had only been driving for half an hour with another half to go, but Lauren was already finding it challenging to keep her eyes off of Camila. The brunette sat across from Lauren in a content state, glancing about the car every so often.

"Laur." Camila says breaking the silence that had filled the car.

"Hmm." Lauren hums back acknowledging that she heard her.

"Let's play a game." Camila says.

Lauren knew Camila meant a car game but she felt the need to be immature about it.
"I don't think that's possible, I mean I'm driving kinda." Lauren tells her as she gestures to the road.

Camila slaps her shoulder playfully.
"Oh shut up you know what I meant." She says as they both laugh.

"What do you want to play?" Lauren asks after she composes herself.

"Let's play I Spy but with the clouds." Camila tells her.

"See that one right there?" Lauren asks as they start the game and she points to a cloud.

Camila nods.

"I see a bear, like a teddy bear skiing." Lauren says.

Camila was expecting her to picture something more creative, but Camila couldn't deny the fact that the cloud really did look like a giant teddy bear.

"Okay my turn." Camila says as she rolls down her window and sticks her head out to look at the clouds. She scans the sky, and then she finds one. "Ooh that one looks like a big slice of cake...like the one we shared on our first date." Camila says as she casts a loving look in Lauren's direction.

Lauren places her hand in between Camila's bent leg, and caresses it while smiling. "That was one delicious cake." She says.

"It sure was." Camila says.

"My turn!" Lauren says, finally sounding enthusiastic about the game.

She scans the sky and then diverts her attention back into the car. "You know what screw the sky." She says, "I spy something cuddly-" Lauren says but is interrupted by Camila.

"Ooh is it Stuffingtons ?" Camila asks referring to Rey's stuffed animal, which the little girl is snuggling onto in her car seat.

"No, you didn't let me finish." Lauren says as she taps Camila's nose with her index finger.

Camila smirks back at her cheekily.
"I spy something cuddly, smooth annnnnnnd it has the most beautiful mind." Lauren says.

Camila puts on her thinking face, "Is it you? You definitely have the most beautiful mind I've ever seen." She says.

"Thanks but nope guess again." Lauren tells her.

"Is-is- it me?" Camila asks hesitantly.

"Yes you dork." Lauren says as she slaps her girlfriends shoulder playfully.

Rey starts cooing in the back.
"I guess that concludes the game." Camila says.

"What's your game plan for her?" Camila asks pointing a thumb back at Rey.

"What do you mean?" Lauren asks.

"She'll be a year in just a few months, are you gonna put her in some type of daycare or are we gonna raise her...what's the deal?" Camila asks clarifying her initial question.

Lauren runs a hand through her hair, which is something that she tends to do when she's stressed or worried about something.

"I don't know Camz, I mean everything is working out so well right now." Lauren starts with as Camila nods. "But we have so much promo to do a-and we're about to go on tour- so I really don't know to be honest." Lauren says sounding as if she's about to have a panic attack.

"Sorry, I-I was just curious I didn't mean for you to get all worked up." Camila says apologizing.

"No-no you didn't do anything, this is really something I have to think about." Lauren says.

They continue to drive down the road for half an hour until they reach their destination, Disneyland.

I'm officially on summer break! And I'm officially a senior in high school! I spent a week trying to think of stuff to write for this chapter and I just couldn't do it :(

I think I'm gonna end this story right there. I already have a bit of the first chapter of the sequel written.

Thank you so so so so much to everyone who has given this book a chance and read it and commented and voted! I hope you all will read the sequel!

The next book will be more positive but I have to put that angst and drama in there somewhere because that's what I live for lol but I'm thinking of doing a role reversal type of thing 😉

I'm gonna post a plot summary up tomorrow at some point and I'll ask for feedback and additions and stuff :)

A sneak peek that I'll let you in on is that, that last bit of this with Lauren not knowing what her plans are for Rey is where the next story will start with and it will have a mid sized time jump!

Thank you once again!