34

Before signing out, the nurse and Doctor go over a few things with Lauren.

"Do not submerge yourself in hot water if you plan on breastfeeding, do not insert any items into the vaginal area , no exercising and most importantly no sex." The nurse says.

"You may experience some contraction like pain on and off for a few weeks until everything shrinks back up." The doctor adds.

"When will all of this bleeding stop?" Lauren asks.

"1-2 weeks." The doctor says.

"Okay now read through these and sign here then you'll be released." He says as he hands a paper attached to a clipboard to Lauren.

Just as Lauren is finishing up, Clara re enters the room after putting Lauren's bag in the car and bringing it around the front loop.

Lauren hands the papers back to the doctor and they shake hands.

"She will be escorting you to your vehicle." He says as Lauren gets into the wheelchair being pushed by the female nurse.

The women pile into the elevator , with Lauren in a wheelchair since it's a hospital requirement.

They get out of the elevator and the nurse rolls Lauren to the car.

"Thank you." She says as she gets out of the wheelchair.

They all get into the car, and head home.

--------

Lauren greets her father and brother and they exchange a few quick words.

"Back to this place again." Lauren says sounding unenthusiastic as she turns into her room where Camila is waiting.

"Wanna go on another vacation?" Camila questions.

"I would love to do that but you know I have to stay for Rey's purpose." Lauren says.

"But really you don't because honestly the hospital is taking excellent care of her, plus like you said yourself you can't even hold her." Camila says.

Lauren thinks for a bit.

"I don't know you'll have to let me think about that for awhile." Lauren says.

Camila dismisses the topic.

Clara knocks on the wall for permission to enter the room.

"Yes mother." Lauren says.

"No actually I'm here to ask Camila something this time." Clara says.

"Oh really?" Camila asks.

Camila steps into the hallway with Clara as if she was in school being talked to by a teacher who didn't want the other students to hear.

"Yeah what's up?" Camila asks energetically.

"Have your mother or father tried reaching out to you?" Clara asks out of concern.

"Sadly no." Camila says.

"I'm not trying to get rid of you or anything, but I just know a family bond is very important especially at your age and all." Clara says .