36

The courthouse clears out leaving Lauren , her mother and Camila there.

Lauren steps down from the stand still in shock that she just vomited in front of so many people.

A janitor comes up shortly after to begin cleaning everything up.

Lauren latches onto Camila to walk out of the courthouse.

They wait until they're into the car to say anything.

"What happened out there?" Camila asks.

Lauren sits up, "I don't know..." She says.

"Do you feel like you're gonna do it again?" Clara asks in concern.

"Maybe." Lauren says.
"And can you all stop talking, my head is really pounding." Lauren says in a suddenly rude and harsh tone.

Clara was going to say something else but just lets it go.

----

"Why are you back so soon?" Mike asks as Lauren is the first one to step through the door.

Lauren walks right past him as if he didn't say anything.

"What happened?" Mike asks Clara who is followed by Camila.

Clara explains it to Mike.

"Lauren?" Camila says as she lightly knocks on Lauren's bedroom door.

Camila gave up instantly.
She heads back into the living room where Mike and Clara are.

"Well I think now is a perfect time for me to try to reconcile with my parents." Camila tells Mike and Clara.

"That's a good idea." Clara says.

Camila walks out the door and gets into her car , it feels like ages since she's driven.

----
She parks her car in the driveway and gets out, she steps up to the door and puts her key in.

"Mom?" Camila calls out hesitantly as she steps further into her house.

"Mija." Sinu says as she comes from around the corner.

Camila embraces her instantly.

"I've missed you." Sinu starts with.

"I did too." Camila says.

The first few moments are filled with awkwardness.

"How was that dinner with the Jauregui's the other nigh?" Camila asks trying to break the ice.

"Great, we talked about you ... And Lauren a lot." Sinu says.

"Good or bad talk?" Camila asks.

"Good." Sinu says.
Sinu gestures her hands for Camila to sit with her on the couch.

"Look that night when you told me, it was all so much to take in." Sinu begins with.

"But Clara explained everything about how you've been such a nice addition to their household and most importantly she told me how happy you seem when you're around Lauren." Sinu says.

Camila listens.

"I wanna fully apologize for slapping you and everything else I did, your father will talk to you at some point when her gets home or something as well but mija I'm truly sorry." Sinu says with tears forming in her eyes.

Camila wipes her eye stopping herself from letting loose and hugs her mother.
------

Camila spent the rest of the day with her family, and opted to return to the Jauregui's house that evening.