35

3 months later...
Lauren and her family had settled in with the newborn in their house.
Clara's meeting with the Cabello's was a success, although Camila still hadn't made the effort to talk to her mother or father just yet.
The girls had all returned back to their homes.
----
It was 6AM , the sun was just rising . Ever since Rey had been safely placed in the Jauregui household, and Lauren had healed up; Lauren made it her mission to run a mile a day.

She turned the corner and ran up her driveway, making it back to her house.
Mike had already left for the day , Chris and Taylor had already been picked up for school by their friends, and Clara was just getting ready to walk out the door.

"Did you beat your time?" Camila asks greeting Lauren with Rey in her arms, which has become a familiar scene these days.

"I feel like I'm - getting slower." Lauren says trying to catch her breath in between.

Camila places Rey in the bassinet near by, and grabs a bottle of water to give to Lauren.

"You've been at this whole running thing consistently since you were cleared." Camila starts with, "Plus getting up every hour to a screaming baby isn't helping." She finishes.

"What- are you saying?" Lauren says still trying to get her heart and breathing to a resting rate.

"I'm saying that I think you're overworking yourself." Camila says as she sits next to Lauren.

"B-but I need to exercise ." Lauren says.

"You don't need to , you want to." Camila says correcting her.

"Well we'll be back to working in a few weeks and I can't return looking like a fat ass." Lauren says.

"First of all you didn't even gain that much weight and second of all who cares what the media says, they practically down talk everybody just to get reads." Camila says.

Lauren runs a hand through her hair.

"Are you okay? Why are you still breathing so heavy?" Camila asks suddenly switching to a concerned tone.

"Yeah-yeah I'm fine." Lauren insists.

Camila dismisses it .

"I'm gonna hit the shower." Lauren announces as she stands up.

Camila is still pondering around the thought of something being wrong with Lauren. Ever since Rey has been home and she's been allowed to work out she's been acting like a maniac, and quite frankly it was freaking Camila out.

Lauren stepped into the shower , turned the knob to a bearable temperature and emerged herself in the water.

While she's in the shower she hears the house phone ring. She would try to yell to Camila over the sound of the water, but she figures Camila should know to answer it since she's become accustomed to the household.

"Yellow " Camila says as she picks up the phone.

"Is this Lauren M. Jauregui or her guardian?" The female voice asks on the other end.

Camila thinks for a minute knowing that Lauren is still in the shower.

"...this is her speaking." Camila says covering up.

"This is the Miami - Dade Court House calling to confirm your scheduled appearance on the upcoming Friday, will you still be appearing?" The lady asks.

"Uhhhh... yes I will ... Be there." Camila discloses.

"Okay thank you, you will report through door B located on Chester Ave and you must be on time." The lady says.