47

"So when do you plan on giving it to her?" Normani asks curiously as they enter the mall.

"Probably today." Lauren answers.

"Oh there isn't like a special day or something?" Normani asks.

"No because everyday that she's in my life is special." Lauren tells her.

"Awww you two make my chest hurt." Normani says.

"I'm so happy to see that you're starting to get back on the right track, I've missed you." Normani says.

"I've missed myself too." Lauren says.

After going to the upper level , they arrive at the store that Lauren saw the ring in. Lauren's walks right to it. It's nothing special, it's a little gold ring tied into a makeshift knot.

"This is it." Lauren says showing it to Normani.

"It's nothing special, I mean it is real gold but I just want to make a promise between us." Lauren explains.

"I think this is perfect to be a promise ring , save that dough for an engagement and wedding ring." Normani tells her.

Lauren gets help from the person behind the counter, they take out the ring and put it into a special box. "Do you want a message slip with it?" The store worker asks before ringing it up.

"Yes I would." Lauren says.

She hands a quote written by herself to the man, it reads "The ring symbolizes a knot that is not quite yet, but has all intentions of being tied. A promise ring."

"Anything else?" The worker asks.

"No that's it, thank you."  Lauren says as she takes the small bag and they head out the store.

"What else are you doing with this or are you just gonna give it to her and that's it?" Normani questions.

"I was just gonna give it to her and explain it and that's it." Lauren says simply.

"No - you need to go all out, even though it's not a proposal, at least take her somewhere instead of that crusty apartment." Normani tells her.

"What's her favorite place around here?" Normani asks.

Lauren thinks for a minute.
"Well she loves the boardwalk, seeing the ocean and stuff."

"Well do it there, that'd be so romantic in front of the ocean, the nice breeze." Normani says.

"Yeah you're right." Lauren says agreeing with Normani's suggestion.

---

They return to the apartments just a little past noon.
"Hey babe." Lauren says as she enters the apartment to find Camila sitting on the couch, occupied by her laptop.

Camila directs her attention to Lauren.
"How was your session?" Camila asks straight away.

"It was good, she said the medicine should have an effect in another week or so, and she wants me to be more open when I'm feeling a certain way in attempt to prevent myself from having another meltdown, such as writing and talking." She gladly explains to Camila.

"When do you go back?" Camila asks.

"She's giving me 2 weeks off to see how I do without her, then I go back." Lauren clarifies.

Camila nods.

"How was your thing with Mani or was it something private?" Camila questions.