22

"This came in the mail for you, I think the date is set for the trial." Clara says as she hands Lauren a orange colored envelop appropriately addressed to her.

Lauren takes the mail but sighs as she takes it.

"Is something wrong?" Clara asks.

"No, well kinda - it's just that it's kinda stressing me out, I understand that this is a serious thing but-" Lauren doesn't continue as she gets frustrated.

"Luckily you're financially stable, but you have the right as an American citizen to fight this , honey he raped you , he forced you." Clara says.

Clara pats Lauren on the back as she leaves allowing Lauren to open the envelope.

Lauren takes a deep breath .

Miami Court House
Plaintiff - Lauren Jauregui
Defendant- Noah Benardout
Intro- Defendant Noah Bernardout (20) and plaintiff Lauren Jauregui (19)  , on June 21 , 2015 the defendant forced sexual actions on the plaintiff who urged the defendant to take it slow. The defendant continued to force their self on the plaintiff , later leading to a pregnancy.

Lauren begins to feel sick as her mind sends her flashbacks of that night.

She gets up to get a pen and signs the documents confirming that she will appear in court.

----

Lauren pulls out her phone, and hits Camila's contact.
"Hello?" Lauren asks as she notices no one says anything.

"It's me!" Camila says back excitedly on the other end.
"I'm really in need of some cheering up." Lauren says in a sad tone.

"Aw why what's wrong?" Camila asks in a concerned voice.

"I'm just feeling really overwhelmed." Lauren says taking her time, Camila let's her continue.
"I just filled out some papers for the trial." Lauren says.

"Want me to come over?" Camila asks.

"Actually I'll come to you , my parents might be getting suspicious about us hanging out so much." Lauren says.

"No I'll come get you, we'll do something." Camila says.
"Okay." Lauren says in a slightly happier tone.

Lauren sits in her room waiting until Camila texts her that she's there.

"Yo - yo- yo" Lauren reads on her phone causing her to laugh, but it was also her signal that Camila was waiting outside.

Lauren gets up and leaves as quietly as possible.

"Heyyy." Camila says as Lauren steps into the car.
"How are you my love?" Lauren asks as a chill is sent through Camila's body at Lauren's choice of words.

"I'm great!" Camila says excitedly.
Lauren laughs at Camila's energy considering the way she's feeling at the moment.

Camila starts driving, Lauren doesn't bother asking where they're going she's just glad to be with Camila.

"Can you turn up the heat? Im always cold now." Lauren asks as she throws her head back.

"If we go up anymore we'll be matching the radio station but okay." Camila says as she turns it up.

"So what about this court case? Why are you so stressed?" Camila asks .
"I don't know." Lauren says letting out a breath.