23

"No sit yourself down." Clara says causing Lauren to sit down.

"I'm not homophobic or anything it's just the fact that you have so much going on and now you add Camila into the mixture?" Clara says.

"I have you all, but at the same time I was feeling lonely and ever since the tour I've been feeling differently about Camila." Lauren says.

"You really need to think about where you're priorities are at." Clara says under her breath.

"What was that?" Lauren asks in a sarcastic tone.

"I SAID ! You really need to think about your priorities." Clara repeats raising her voice.

"What exactly are my priorities?" Lauren asks sounding slightly angry.

"Oh I don't know maybe the fact that you're a rising star and everything you do is dissected by the media!" Clara says loudly.

"So you're saying I shouldn't be with Camila because of the media? " Lauren asks.

"NO! I'm saying that you already have this pregnancy bombshell shadowing over you , it really doesn't make sense to add a coming out thing to the pot." Clara clarifies still sounding angry.

"Mom ! I am 19 fu**ing years old! I know what I'm doing!" Lauren says now fully yelling at her mother.

"Hey!" Clara starts off causing Lauren to tense up.

"Don't use that language around me! And you need to think about how blessed you are! Most teens in your situation are struggling financially or their families don't care." Clara says.

"Well I think I'd be doing better if you just shut the f**k up for once! You're always bothering me!" Lauren yells.

Clara's eyes get glassy, "I don't even know you anymore." She says as she leaves her daughters room.

Lauren is left confused not knowing why she chose to speak to her mother like that.
"What have I done...?" She says to herself as she breaks down crying.

That night she doesn't go to sleep she sits up all night in a frozen state not doing anything.

"Did I hear some yelling last night?" Mike asks Clara not sure if he was dreaming.

"Yes! You're daughter is not the girl she used to be." Clara tells him.

"What happened?" Mike asks.

"I was trying to ask her about where she disappeared to yesterday, then I sort of snuck the Camila incident in there then she just started getting louder and louder until she told me that she's grown and she told me to shut the f- up ." Clara says to Mike.

Mike rubs his head , and lets out a breath.
"I-I'm a guy but don't you think you're being a bit much with her? Don't you remember when you were in her shoes? You were a hormonal mess, everything made you cry or mad." He tells her.

"Plus she spends more than half of the year without us." Mike adds.

"I don't know, I guess I should cool off and I need to let her cool off for a few days." Clara suggests.

"But you do have to nip it in the bud about her using that language around us at least." Mike adds.
Clara agrees.

Mike kisses her as he heads out the house for the day.