37

A week later

They finally had a day off , after working everyday for a week.

"I'll be back ... In a bit." Lauren announces as she is about to leave the apartment.

"Wait!" Camila says coming out of the other room.

"What..?" Lauren says casting an annoyed look.

"Where do you keep going..?" Camila asks.

"Out with my friends." Lauren says.

"I know that , but like you just keep leaving everyday." Camila says sounding worried.
"And then you come back all late and stuff." Camila says.

"And your point is?" Lauren asks.

"Recently I've been feeling lonely like a castaway." Camila says.

Lauren lowers her head in regret, knowing that she has been abandoning Camila recently.

"Look I got to go." Lauren says.
"Bye ." She says as she closes the door behind without even kissing Camila.

Camila felt crushed.

She decided to do what she does best when she's upset, which is cleaning.
The apartment had become a wreck since she allowed Lauren to live with her, both of the belongings made the place look like a tornado of some sort hit the place.

Camila started with the bedroom, she took the sheets off the bed. Then she sprayed the bed with air freshener.

While she was trying to put the pillow case on the pillow, it slipped out of her hands. When she went to pick it up, she saw a black leather bag under the bed cover with a leather jacket. She pulls the items from under the bed.

The jacket had a smoky smell to it, causing Camila to cough.

When she removed the jacket, the bag was partly open, she decided to peer inside of it.

Inside she saw things that she never though she would see in real life. The bag was full of all kinds of narcotics , cigarettes, shot bottles and rolling papers.

"This can't be hers." Camila says to herself.

Camila started thinking back, and she recalls noticing Lauren kneeling down before getting into the bed each night. She was always half sleep so she never gave it a second thought.

Suddenly all of Lauren's recent antics were making sense to Camila. The sneaking off, sleeping separately from her , the coughing , the vomiting, everything added up.

Camila pulls out her phone.

"Dinah?" Camila asks frantically.

"What's up girl?" Dinah asks.

"Dinah! I need you to go somewhere with me." Camila says.

"Okay meet me outside." Dinah says.

Camila hangs up from her and calls an uber.

The two meet out front, and the uber arrives shortly after.

Camila had an idea of where Lauren should be.

"Why were you sounding so panicky on the phone?" Dinah asks.

"I think Lauren has a problem." Camila states.

"What kind of problem, like does she sleepwalk or something?" Dinah asks.

"No way way way worse than that." Camila says.

"Then what is it?" Dinah asks.

"I think she's a drug and alcohol addict." Camila says.

Suddenly there is nothing funny about that.