14

A day or two later
Lauren steps into to her house after having a day out at the mall catching up with her friends, who she has not revealed her pregnancy to just yet.

Lauren walks in as quietly as possible assuming everyone would be asleep.

A quiet "Hey" Lauren hears coming from the couch.
"Taylor wh-wh-why are you up its like almost 12 on a school night?" Lauren quickly questions her.

"I know , it's just that I've kinda missed you, we haven't hung out and you're leaving tomorrow night aren't you?" Taylor asks with a sad tone.

Lauren doesn't know how to respond because she knows she's guilty of not spending time with her since she's been home.

"I'll tell you what, I'll go get my pjs on and then we can stay up out here and tomorrow just tell mom that you're sick or something to get out of school." Lauren tells her.

Taylor smiles, "Oh and I kinda have something I wanna ask you ...." Taylor says as she stares down at her hands.
Lauren pauses in her tracks.

"Okay wait, real reason I waited out here this late was because I wanted to ask you; are you having a baby?" Taylor asks innocently.

Before Lauren opens her mouth Taylor continues, "because if you are , you're gonna need me to support you ."

"I have the girls who will support me." Lauren clarifies with a voice crack.

"Yeah but within this household you're gonna need someone." Taylor tells her.

"So are you?" Taylor asks again.

Lauren let's out a soft "yeah I am."

"I'm sorry, I'm probably the worst sister ever, I'm supposed to set a good model for you, now you probably think I'm just a typical...slut." Lauren tells her.

"No ! I know my sister and you are not a slut." Taylor tells her as Lauren pulls her in for another hug.

"Does mom know?" Taylor asks.
"Yeah I told her about 2 days ago,she was mad at first but by the time I finished explaining it she accepted it." Lauren tells her.

"Does dad know?" Taylor proceeds to ask.

"No , I don't know how to tell him.
Lauren says as she pushes her hair back.

"It's not that you don't know how to tell him, you're just scared of his reaction." Taylor says to her.

Lauren nods and says , "Yeah I am, he's gonna give me the whole "you're my baby girl" speech."

Lauren looks at the clock.
"I guess you should get some sleep, unless you take my idea and just don't go to school." Lauren tells her sister.

"Yeah I'll go." Taylor says as she hugs Lauren once again and the two part ways and say goodnight.

Lauren heads to bed and relaxes herself by doing some free writing until she's able to drift asleep.

The next morning Lauren only has a few hours left before she has to catch a flight out to California ahead of one of Fifth Harmony's many Christmas concerts.

Lauren is faced with the tough challenge of revealing her news to her father before she heads back out on the road.

"Lauren! How's my girl this morning?" Mike asks as he enters the kitchen before he heads off to work.

"I'm okay..." Lauren says in a monotone.

Lauren turns around with her cup of coffee and leans against the counter.
She pushes her hair back out of her face and asks her dad , "Can I tell you something?"