𝙋𝙍𝙀-𝙄𝙍𝙊𝙉 𝙈𝘼𝙉: 𝙀𝙄𝙂𝙃𝙏

Start from the beginning

But that too Horus had to ruin.

"Can I ask you a question?" Alora broke the silence, pulling her hair into a ponytail.

"Shoot." Kal said, sratching his cheek while standing up, making his way toward the chalkboard to revise her exercise.

"You mentioned you come from the Egyptian's heaven, right?" Kal wrote something on the chalkboard while nodding. "So what type of powers do you have? What are you the god of?"

Kal shoot her a side glance before pointing on the chalkboard. "You did good, except on the last part. It's supposed to say 'And the rise of a new empire' but instead you wrote the 'The rise of a new pizza'. Are you hungry or something?"

Alora cackled as she stepped neared him, following his index finger. "Really? I mean, I wouldn't call it a mistake, it gives this prophecy some spice."

Kal rolled his eyes. "Which is not the point."

"Remind me again, what is the point? Why does it matter if I learn how to translate a prophecy written in hieroglyphics?" Alora question, her eyebrow arcs.

Kal ran a hand over his head. "Because when the time is right, you won't be lost. My duty in this earth is to teach you, prepare you for the future holds."

"When you say future it sounds like a distant one." Alora retorted, nodding at him.

Kal groan, feeling his patience slip through the cracks. "You don't know that."

"You're right, I don't Kal. But what I do know is that I'm twelve years old, whose parents hide away from the world, and you keep preassuring me to learn a dead writing system while making me memorize a freaking prophecy!" Alora snapped, her grey eyes glaring daggers on Kal's sky ones. "When will I have time to be a kid?"

Alora Stark had been pressured ever since the age of five, she rarely left the house, Howard strict orders. She felt imprisoned, as if she wasn't supposed to be out and about but stash away like a cookie in a cookie jar. She was tired, she had no one in this house, her parents were always working, Miss Moon was her teacher, and Kal only cared about mythical crap. Alora wished her brother was here with her, Tony always made her laugh, he made her feel comfortable.

Kal sigh, nodding at her words as if considering them. Kal reach over and closed the book before tossing them inside his leather bag, erasing the exercise on the chalkboard before walking over to the door.

"Where are you going?" Alora ask, taking a small step toward him.

Kal pull open the door, turning slightly before cocking his head outside the door. "For a walk, wanna come?"

Alora took several steps closer to him, giving him an unsure look. "What about dad? Jarvis will surely report back to him."

Kal chuckle, as if he knew something she didn't. "Oh, we're not using the front door."

Alora gave him an unsure look, her eyes twinkling with curiousity, Kal walked out the door and made his way to the center of the backyard. He turns to face her and offered her his hand, Alora walked up to him, placing her hand on his as he drew her close. Pulling a protective arm around her shoulders before his back muscles began to shift, Alora narrowed her eyes un confusion as she notice something coming out from his back.

"Kal?"

"Just give it a minute."

Soon, two set of feathery wings protruded off his back, Alora gasped in amazement at their size and fur color. The wings flapped, stretching themselves as Alora stare in amazement, it was the first time Alora saw Kalum's wings.

"You have wings?!"

"Ssh! Jarvis might hear you." Kal shushed her.

"They're beautiful." Alora complimented, his wings were a dark purple with gold specs outlining each feather. "Wait, are you suggesting we..."

"Mmm, more like giving you a heads up. Hang tight, would hate for you to fall." Kal teased her.

"Kal, no-!"

Next thing Alora knew she was soaring through the sky like a bird, fresh air caresses her face as Kal flew them up to the sky. They passed through a cloud, the sensation was surreal to Alora but not for Kal, he had done it tons of times. This was his way of experiencing the sunset, it gave him a unique feeling, freedom and a promise that everything will be okay.

"WOOHOO!" Kal twirl them causing Alora to let out a frighten scream.

"Stop! Stop!" Alora shrieked. "I swear I'll burn your wings if you drop me."

"Rude. I'm giving you a taste of freedom and this is how you repay me." Kal tsk.

Alora snapped. "Freedom? This is crazy! This is no walk on the park for me!"

Kal just laughed and continue to fly them around, "This is a onetime experience, Lora. Enjoy it."

Alora sigh, hugging Kal tightly so she wouldn't slip. Taking Kal's advice and enjoying the feeling of the wind against her face, she never wonder what gravity felt like, she felt weightless, as if she was floating. For the first time her mind was at ease, feeling completely calmed as Kal flew them around, none uttered a word.

Pressing her head against his chest as she closed her eyes, getting lost in the wind.

✶ ┊사랑병 ˎˊ˗

ScriveFiorella_ Note

If I could, I would
Totally go skydiving. I
Bet the initial feeling will
Be fear since there might
Be a chance shit goes wrong.
But that's a one in a million
Possibility, though I would
NEVER bungee jump. I am
Terrified of it, I don't trust a
Rope at all, I don't wanna be
Yeeted just yet.

Stay safe kiddos💕