𝙋𝙍𝙀-𝙄𝙍𝙊𝙉 𝙈𝘼𝙉: 𝙏𝙒𝙊

Start from the beginning

Amanda's shoulder shook as more sobs left her, the mother desperately needed help, how foolish of her to think she could carry on alone. Amanda should've listened to Jude, what if he was right? What if what she did was a mistake? One she can't undo, she royally screwed up, and now she needed to face the consequences and be the agent she was forged into. But right now, Amanda was just a widow and a mother, desperate for a solution.

"Amanda?" A masculine voice called out, Amanda turned to face the door and began to walk. "Aman—oh gosh! There you are. What the hell happened? I-I heard a gunshot, I'm so sorry it took me far too long."

Amanda released a wail, bringing Kalum into a hug with one arm draped around his neck. The baby moved uncomfortably and began to whine in discontent, causing both adults to pull apart, Kal took in Amanda's state. The woman, who seemed to hold everything together, was collapsing right in front of him. Her eyes were bloodshot, meaning she's been crying for a longer time, her chest heaved as she tried to suppress the sobs, and it didn't help that the baby in her arms continue to cry.

Kalum reach over for the baby girl, the man began to rock her softly and stroke her back, calming the baby almost instantly. "I-I killed him." Kal blinked, his face morphing into a serious one. "I killed him. I had to. I had no choice, he made his decision. I was doing my job! My stupid job!"

The baby flinched in Kal's arms, the man kept rocking her from side to side while humming a random song. Kal pressed his index finger against his lips, giving Amanda a stern gaze, the woman having no other option but to calm herself. "Take a minute. Breathe. Then tell me what happened."

Amanda nodded, the woman paced around as she tried to calm her inner turmoil, her shaky hands were now curled into fists as she took deep breaths. "Okay... Okay." Amanda sat on the rocking chair, the frightened agent began to balance herself on the rocking chair, feeling calmer. "Jude and I got into a discussion, he accidentally blurted out he was working for HYDRA. Not immediately, but he hinted, then I accused him of being the mole, and he confirmed it. Long story short, I gave him an ultimatum, but he rejected it, so I—."

"—Blew his brains out." Kalum finished her off, and Amanda stared at him before nodding shyly. "Right. Not how I planned my night to go."

"And you think I did?" Amanda snapped, her vibrant blue eyes turning a shade darker. "I planned my night to end with my husband and I cuddling in bed, looking forward to raising our daughter together. Now I have to make a heartbreaking decision."

Kalum sighed, the baby in his arms was fast asleep, her face hidden in the crook of his neck. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have said that."

Amanda just looked away, biting her lip as she thought, Kalum just stared at her. Knowing what was to come, he knew his protection truly lay with the baby, Kalum was just protecting Amanda after she got pregnant. Nobody knew about him, Kalum Tiberius was a nobody, a shadow that lurked in the dark and protected Amanda from afar.

Amanda stood up, pulling open a drawer before getting her daughter's belongings out. The mother proceeded to shove her baby's clothes, pampers, baby wipes, a toy, and her blanket into a diaper bag before moving toward the kitchen. Kalum kissed the top of the baby's head before following Amanda who gather bottles, water, and her powder milk.

"You're sending her away," Kalum stated, Amanda's movement faltering before resuming her hasty pace.

"I have to."

"No. You can disappear; I can help you." Kalum argues.

"This is the only way Kal, believe me when I tell you this," Amanda spoke, her voice emotionless. "I have to report back what happened here, I also have to make sure no one knows of her existence. I don't want any loose strings leading to her, I'll make sure there's none."

"I understand." Kalum agreed. "To whom are you sending her?"

Amanda finished preparing the bottles before she placed them on the diaper bag, zipping it close before turning and walking toward Kal. "That's where you come in." Amanda hinted, handing him the bag, Kal placed it on his unoccupied shoulder. "Even though I've only met you for a year and months, I trust in you. You're holding my world Kal, if what you said is true, of her playing a major role when she grows up. I want you to swear to me, that you'll protect her until your dying breath. She is to live happily, find her a nice home with people who will love her as their own."

Kalum took in a deep, gentle, breath. "I will. I swear it. You have my word."

Amanda's shoulder relaxed before nodding, her eyes landing on her baby. "Can I please hold her?" Her lower lip trembling, "Just one last time."

Kalum nodded, he approached her with one long stride before carefully passing the sleepy girl to her mother. His heart stung, no child should ever be separated from their mother, even for the sake of a prophecy.

Amanda held her, a single tear falling down her cheek as she kissed her daughter's forehead goodbye. "I love you. Momma will always love you, you're my world. My heart. My will. I will always be with you, watching you and protecting you. But now I have to send you away, for your own safety."

Kalum bit down his lip, feeling the tingling sensation on his nose as tears rush to his hide, a few tears slipping down. "Kal will keep you safe, something about a prophecy. But I'm sure she loves you and will protect you until his dying breath, trust him, okay? And be a good girl. I love you, Alora."

Kissing her one last time, Amanda's face grew red from trying not to burst into tears, she handed him the baby. "I will keep Alora safe, I promise."

Amanda nodded, wiping her tears with both hands before releasing a shaky breath. "I know. I know you will."

Kalum stares at her before bidding her farewells, and the man turns to leave. "Wait." Amanda stopped him, Kal turn to face her as she quickly unclasps her necklace which was meant for the hidden one. "Now this belongs to her." The mother places it around her neck, careful not to wake her. "One more thing, don't tell her about me. I don't want her to suffer, I might not make it out after this mission, so it's totally irrelevant."

Kal shook her head. "I don't—."

"Kal, please. It's my choice, I don't want to burden her with our mistakes." Amanda pleaded.

Kal reluctantly nodded. "As you say."

"Okay, now go. Before I change my mind. Take care." Amanda gave him a smile, a force one, but he knew she meant well.

Kal and Alora left Amanda behind, never to know about her ever again. 

✶ ┊사랑병 ˎˊ˗

ScriveFiorella_ Note

A/N: One word only. Heartbreaking. Writing this scene made me feel so sad, can you imagine having a baby for like a week and then boom, you gotta send her away? Honestly, Amanda waa so brave and well we can see just how strong a mother's love can be.

What'd you guys think about this chapter??

Stay safe, take care💕