43 Live to Love, Love to Live

POV Merida

The campfire warms me up like the coffee that I just made. I throw in another piece of wood which cracks in two once it hit the flames. It feels great to be out hunting again, even though I haven't caught anything.

Walking around in the forest has always been a relaxing thing for me. Let alone going out to hunt for few weeks, just wandering around and going where your feet takes you.

Something pokes my elbow and I laugh when I see Angus begging for a treat.

"Here you go lass," I laughed as I tore a piece of rabbits meat from the almost finished roast.

Angus licked his lips after he had eaten his share. I smile to him calmly when I reach to get the cooked rabbit off from the charred wood that I had taken off from the fire so I could make us some dinner.

Just when I was about to eat I heard some sounds coming closer in the dark forest. I place the meat down and I reach to my knife.

Suddenly a dog barks and I see Angus greeting it.

"Toothless! Come back buddy!" A familiar voice shouted and I laughed when Toothless jumped over me to lick my face.

"He is here Hiccup!" I yelled and soon a shadow approaches my camp site.

Hiccup comes in the light of the fire and smiles when he sees me.

"Wow, Merida. What are you doing here?" He laughed and sat other side of the campfire.

I managed to get Toothless off from me.

"I was out hunting," I grinned and I handed him a piece of rabbits meat.

"Really? You know this forest is pretty far from where you're from. Like nearer to my home since I take Toothless out to stretch his legs in here each day," he wondered.

I shrugged, "Well I've been wandering around for couple months. I've had free time since I quit in the military but they may call me if they need help."

I took a piece of the juicy meat and ate it.

"Oh, you quit too. I left when Elsa did," Hiccup hummed.

"Yup, Hiro left with me and Gogo. Astrid's doing well, don't you think? She is now a Captain, she got the title when Frost was imprisoned," I explained to him.

"Yeah she's doing well.. " Hiccup sighed and stared at the flames. He still hadn't touched the meat he had in his plate.

"Is something wrong?" I asked.

"Uh, it has been just less than a year since I broke up with Astrid. She wants different types of things from life than I do," Hiccup exhaled and began eating.

"Mm.. like she wants a career in the army and you want a peaceful life?" I questioned.

Damn this meat is tasty.

"Yeah, kind of. And you want to wander in the woods?" He laughed.

"Kind of. I felt that the army was a chain around my ankle, trapping me," I shrugged.

"True. So HiRO went back to Fransoskyo with Gogo?" He asked.

"That's the case. Now he is literally patrolling the streets with his dog Baymax, his friends are helping him," I grinned.

"Umm.. do you have anything for this evening?" Hiccup laughed nervously all of a sudden.

"Nah," I replied and continued eating.

"Want to see my town? We could catch up with things while we're on it," he suggested.

I thought for it for a moment. I raised my shoulders and let them drop, "Sure why not." I told him when I got up. I wiped my hands on my pants and I got my bow from the ground.