31 Strange Days

POV Hiro

On Sunday I got a call from Captain North, he told me to stay at home until I'm called back to duty. It seems like something bad happened at the base. Luckily no one got hurt judging from what I heard from him but still I'm worried.

"Let's go back home pal, even though aunt is preaching again," I smile to Baymax faintly. He had just been making friends with a cat. Gently I pull his leash a bit and he starts to follow me.

I walk down the hill street, the trees are covered in snow. Couple months from now the spring would come and the trees would blossom, pink cherry blossom will decorate the streets all around San Fransoskyo.

I go inside the door, the bell rings and I glance at the statue of happiness. It's waving it's paw and greeting people who get inside, the smile of it was always ironic to me. To an orphan who later on even lost his big brother.

"Hiro! You were out late," aunts worried voice called. She was serving her last customers at Lucky Cat Cafe.

Like the cat at the door does I raised my hand to her as response before I head to back of the café and up the stairs. Immediately I sat behind my computer and I check my messages.

Some of my friends want to meet up but I reply them that I can't tonight. Aunt wants some time with me, probably she tries to make me to quit in the army like she has been doing for a while.

There was nothing interesting going on so I went to lay on my bed. Baymax jumped next to me and began to lick my arm. It tickled and made me laugh.

"Stop,"I begged the dog but it continued and the curled against my side. I rubbed its back and I reach to take out my phone.

Immediately my phone starts to ring and I see that the caller is GoGo.

"Yup?" I replied to the phone.

"Hiro, go immediately to your computer. I sent you a video message, this is really bad thing," GoGo panted out. She was practically whispering and I had trouble at hearing her.

"What is wrong?" I asked when I got up.

She didn't have to tell me more because when I opened up the video file she sent, I knew. Black sand was moving around San Fransoskyo, the nightmares that Pitch Black had created.

"We should call Captain North," I gulped while I watched.

"Could you do it? I'm following them," GoGo said quietly.

"GoGo, following those black things is not wise," I scolded her.

"Dinner is ready!" Aunt shouted.

"I'm coming a bit later! On phone!" I shouted and covered the speaker.

"But I need to know what they are doing here," GoGo hissed.

"Alright. I'll call Captain North but keep me updated on where you are. I'm coming with you," I insisted.

"No Hiro. I think that they are closing their destination... You know the abandoned army research facility?" GoGo whispered.

"Yeah. Are they going there?" I mumbled.

"Yes, they went inside the building. I'm going to wait outside but if they don't come out soon... then I'm going to check it out... alone!" GoGo demanded and I sighed.

"Okay but be careful," I whispered.

GoGo and I ended the call and I dialed Captain Norths phone number. They told us to observe and not engage. I just hope that GoGo won't get into trouble.