39 Winds of War

POV Elsa

Storm is forming on the horizon at the mountains. My hands are squeezing on the cold marble railing of my balcony. People are being transported away from here as the threat is getting closer, we made just in time thanks to Mushu. I can't have my citizens in here when the battle is far from normal.

"Last of them are being taken away now. I also ordered the royal guards to go and stay with our people," Anna said. I had heard her approaching me, her steps were fast and anxious like always.

"Good to know but shouldn't you go with them? They need a ruler if something happens," I smiled when I turned around. Anna shook her head and came straight to me, taking my hands into hers.

"Elsa, we're in this together and you heard that idiotic bed warmer as loud and clearly as I did – he won't let anything happen to you," Anna smiled.

I nod my head and then I heard a short unhappy chuckle.

"Your sister thinks of me so highly as usual," Jack's words sounded a bit bitter.

"Well you spent another night with her, didn't you?" Anna snapped and frowned.

"Either way both of you are needed when we go through the plans once more," Jack spoke and came to the balcony with his arms crossed over his chest. He had put on his black special operation suit and painted his cheeks black. Pain was squeezing my chest when I thought that I had to let him leave for his operation once again.

Anna passed Jack and left my bedroom. She was rushing towards operations room that we had set up in one of the not so used bedroom suites in the castle.

"Could you hold my hand?" I asked from Jack shyly while my fingers reached towards his hand.

"Hell no, " he snapped and turned around. I watch how he begins to walk away and I follow him after he urged me to come as well.

I hurried my steps and I reached him on the corridor, suddenly his arm went around my waist which made me gasp and flinch. When I glanced at him he was smiling slyly and I felt how his hand curled around my hip.

"I will hold you, not your hand," he smirked like he was flirting. I laughed like a nervous girl with a crush on a guy that suddenly greets her, my fingers trembled when I tucked a strand of hair behind my ear.

"If you plan to change me--," Jack whispered and glanced at the ceiling before looking back at me, "—don't ever leave my side. It would crush the last bit of me that's left. Deal?"

"Deal," I grinned and I saw him blushing a bit. We stand now in front of the double doors. People are chatting keenly inside and I feel how his arm slips off from my waist. Then he pushed the door open and I walk in.

My friends bowed at me and it made me feel agitated. "Please, don't. We're here as equals," I said with my words shaking as I lift my both hands up in embarrassment.

"They are bowing to me, not to you Arendelle," Jack whispered quite loudly which made everyone gasp and their eyes wide from shock. He passed me right at the door and he gave me that mischievous smile of his, his eyes sparkled as sky blue in the middle of the black paint which he had spread on his face.

"Are you ready Haddock?" Jack asked while staring at the map that was covering the whole large table in the room.

"Never been more ready sir, let's bring our Captain's back," Hiccup replied.

"Why can't we come?" Merida mumbled and Jack glanced at her.

"Because you are trusted to keep the kingdom of Arendelle safe, if they win this fight they are getting a huge advance in the war," Jack replied. "No matter what, don't let the sand get to you. All of you are a huge help in this but if you are ---," he began.