17 Heaven Above

POV Jack

The base is nearly empty today like it's on every weekend. I walk past the ghostlike place, making my way towards the shooting range. The ground is cold and crispy beneath my feet, everything is frosted on this day and I guess that the winter is coming.

"I wonder if she'll come after yesterday," I said wondering aloud. I guess I said some things I shouldn't have said.

However when I saw her with Shawn I saw an opportunity to push her away. Maybe even a way to get her off from the military because I know my brother. Shawn was always against military and deep inside me I wish that he would've succeeded with Emma, make her think of some other career. I can't blame Shawn though, I can blame myself for being a bad role model.

Walking at the shooting range felt like it only took few seconds when I was deep in my thoughts. I stand in front of it, afraid to go in and see her or even afraid of not seeing her. I don't know which I'm scared more.

I lift my feet on the first step and I see a melted pattern on it. It was done by a foot, smaller than mine figuring out from the patterns on each step. Weird sensation of relief and worry went through me as I got up the stairs.

The sight which I encountered after opening up the door I wasn't prepared for, not at all. Her eyes were cruel when she stared at me, she was distant and looking really mad. I look away from her after closing up the door behind of me. I walk near her while she's staring at me, not saying a thing or doing anything.

"You should greet your superior," I said to her. The words felt nearly bitter and sarcastic in my mouth since why would she greet someone who insulted her. Heck, I wouldn't. I would just punch the guy who did that, like I did to Bunnymund once.

Now she looks away from me, crossing her arms.

"I see. So how was your date with my brother? Are you quitting the army so that's with the period attitude?" I laughed at her shortly and I cocked my eyebrow up.

Again there was silence and it started to bug me off.

Swallowing your anger isn't easy and that's what I'm doing right now. Swallowing each and one of those hurtful, painful and poisonous words which I want to say so she would clearly get my opinion. However I only let out a deep breath of frustration and she startled because of it. She was clearly waiting for my outburst what she was used to by now.

My hand goes inside my pocket and I stare into her eyes while doing it. Then I quickly pulled out a small package that I brought with me. When I handed it over to her my hand began shaking. It wasn't easy to calm down my mind and I actually failed.

Private Arendelle was still glaring at me, at times glimpsing at the package I was handing to her.

Then I groaned, "It's for you. Fucking take it."

She flinched to my words and quickly took it from my hand. My cheeks flushed a bit when she began to examine it in her hands, glancing at me and questioning my actions with her eyes.

Her expression softened a bit when she stared at the gift wrapped chocolate bar that I gave her. Her finger brushed over the word 'Sorry'.

"I just h-happened to take that one," I mumble and quickly look away from her.

"Mmhmm," she buzzed like an angry pack of bees that were about to kill you for touching their honey.

"What is wrong now!" I shouted at her.

"You," her voice dripped venom and her eyes shot painful sparks at me, hurting me deep inside my soul.

That made me flip. I freaking tried to be nice but she isn't co-operating. I pinned her against the wall and my other hand squeezed her wrist.