4 The Straitjacket

POV Hiccup

I really love spending time in the kennels. It's like every dog has this huge amount of wisdom in them. Again in the early morning I go to meet my dog. Either Toothless is super wise and refuses to co-operate because of that or he just hates me. Or it's probably both?

"Toothless!" I called and I let out a whistle.  I see other dogs coming to their cage doors. Each dog has their own cage and it's a big line of cages in the corridor when you go inside the kennel areas.

Only one cage had no dog appearing on the cage. Yeah, only one would have such a way to act.

"Hey Toothless," I greeted as I went to kneel down in front of his cage. My black beast is chewing a toy in the corner and ignoring me. He whips his tail from side to side in excitement as he pulls out an arm from his stuffed toy.

"They said that I shouldn't give you toys but I think that puppies need toys," I smiled as I sat on the floor. I keep on observing its actions through the cage door.

My fingers are rubbing against the leash which I'm holding. I'm eager to start our training together. Captain Frost said that our dog will be our companion, become part of us. I need to tame this buddy.

I'm holding my breath as I open the cage door. Now I'm standing in the open doorway. Toothless turns around and faces me. It starts to growl at me, that little puppy is trying to act big.

"Calm down, I won't harm you. We're just going out for a walk," I suggested smiling but then it barked. Other dogs begun to bark with him and I sigh. I see its eyes being nailed at the leash.

Maybe it hates the sight of leash?

Quickly I threw it out from the cage and my dog stopped its barking and finally it sat down. It jerked it's head to side and it is staring at me with its green eyes.

"So we could be friends?" I smile and I crouch down. I reach my hand to pet its head but it growls again and backs up. I sigh and sat to floor.

Now it's playing again put it seems like it likes to keep distance at me. I rub my neck and I try to think of how to get it to like me more. Maybe some treats? That's worth a shot tomorrow.

The hour was already quite late. I had to rush to our water exercise practice.

"See you tomorrow Toothless," I smiled as I close the cage door. The puppy is still running around the cage in excitement and playing when I leave.

POV Jack (A/N: *wiggles eyebrows*)

I'm crouching down on the edge of a pool. Slowly I place my hand into the water. "It's too warm Lieutenant," I say Ariel. She's the head of our water exercises. She swings her long red hair back  and frowns.

"Well cool it down Captain Frost," she hummed and crossed her arms. I roll my eyes and touch the water. Now it's way colder.

I stood up, waving the water drops off from my hand which I then stuff inside my jacket's pocket. "Listen, Lieutenant Atlantiqa, they need their breath to be taken away in the exercise. In the war there's no nice warm swims in a pool that's in the back yard of training base. It's usually just plain, harsh and cold waters," I shouted and pointed towards the water that's now near it's freezing point.

"Just like you... plain, harsh and cold," Lieutenant Atlantiqa mumbled and I sigh.

"I pretend that I didn't hear that," I hiss to her.

"Fine! You handle your squad's water training since you are so good in it," she said and lifted her chin up. She walks away sassily and I rub my forehead.