42 War Cry

POV Hiccup

"What are you going to do with that thing?" I yelled when I swung at a shadow beast that kept on following us while we ran on the streets.

"We need to change the process or he can keep the whole world dark. Sun stone is meant to keep balance and to good things but now they've turned it to pure black darkness by hate and evil doings and everything is going wrong!" Rapunzel replied when she glanced at the stone that she had tightly wrapped in a cloth.

"Okay. So how are we changing it?" Shawn questioned.

I was occupied though, the shadow beast that I just slashed in two had exploded on all over the road into tiny piles of black sand. And now the sand was vibrating like electricity was moving it and in horror I watch how they form characters, rodents to be exact. Dozens of glowing red eyed rats made out of black sand caused shivers go up on my spine.

"Ugh, you might have to hurry," I cheered nervously. We had ran out of ammo that could make them golden sand again and stop their attack. It took all we got to get into that tower and have the stone back. The sky was still unchanged, dark as night even though sun should be up high in this time of the day. We can't even see the stars or the moon by the black curtain that has taken over everything.

"I can see your point," Shawn yelled.

He was running first but his way was cut off when the rats swarmed to block our path. Slowly he took couple steps back and I look behind us. We're surrounded by them.

Rapunzel squeezed the stone in her arms as if it needed protection.

"We're deeply in it," I whispered.

Just then they began to run with their little feet, their teeth were clicking together and I imagined how they would bite into my skin like into cheese.

"Look out!" Rapunzel warned Shawn as they were coming from his right and left.

I pulled one out of Rapunzels back as she screamed. I don't know if it was more of horror or disgust why she was yelling but it sounded horrible.

"AGH!" Shawn yelled and waved his hand. I saw how one of them was biting into him and then it flew in the air down to the ground.

Shawn was holding his bleeding hand and gritting his teeth from pain. I stare at the black sand rat and golden glow starts to appear on its lifeless surface.

"I knew it Shawn ! You have the light in you," Rapunzel giggled and ran to puzzled looking Shawn.

She took his hand that was bleeding and my eyes widened from shock when drops of vivid red began to drop on the piece of simple rock. It began to sparkle golden light that spread until the whole rock was this golden, shimmering thing that reminded me of the sun.

"Dude your blood is gold," I mumbled.

Shawn was again holding his hand. "I have explaining to do I guess but we have to continue," Shawn exhaled.

The rats kept their distance now. The light from the stone seemed to be poison to them. Golden rat poison, that's epic!

It wasn't hard to know where the battle was going on. In the centre near the castle the sky was full of nightmare like critters that let out screeching sounds. From close they were clearly bats.

Battle was fierce, Anna and Astrid were side by side fighting against a black nightmare bear. It was big and its breath steamed in the air. They kept on avoiding its attacks but they hardly did any damage.

"I need to help them out," I yelled to Shawn and Rapunzel.

"We will get over there," Shawn pointed out.