30 Old Times

POV Astrid

We were shocked when Captain Toothiana called me and told us that something had happened, something bad. However it felt good to have some more free time from the duties as a soldier even though I enjoy every moment, the thrill I get from it feels amazing.

"He will come back soon, he's just seeing his dad," I grinned to Toothless.

"I won't take your position!" Hiccup snapped when he rushed out from the house.

"It went that bad again?" I sighed.

"Yeah, dad was stubborn sometimes and mom thinks the same way," Hiccup groaned and took the leash of Toothless.

"Well, like father, like son," I laughed and poked Hiccup to shoulder with my fist.

"Ouch! You dare to push around the crippled one!" Hiccup chuckled.

"Hicc! Your jokes are out of hand," I rolled my eyes. We were heading to park now through the snowy Berk area. You could see the warmth inside the houses when you looked inside the windows.

"Ouch, umm... I just wish that someone would've already said--," he began.

"BREAK A LEG!" I snorted and cut him off.

"Precisely!" He cheered and threw a ball in front of us. He let go of the leash and Toothless rushed after it.

He had lost his leg few years back in an accident. This didn't bother him that much though, he just got himself a prosthetic leg and goes through every day.

"But how have you managed in the army?" I asked.

"Well I've been really stealthily when I take showers and so on, no one has noticed my leg so far and I've managed to keep up with everyone quite good," Hiccup shrugged and I smiled to him a bit.

Hiccup coughed and rubbed his neck, his cheeks were turning pink. His reaction made me laugh a bit.

"Where did that dog wander off?" Hiccup clicked his tongue and held his hands on his waist.

Then he nodded towards the park. "Mind if I go out and search him? You'll have your dog to keep you company until I return. We really should hurry so we won't miss the racing," Hiccup grinned.

"Sure, go ahead and then let's go and get ready," I yelled after him.

I leaned against a lamp post. Someone was walking towards me, I heard the steps making the snow crunch under it. My dog seems calm so I'm not too worried.

"Hi!" A woman greets me, her brown hair is on ponytail and she smiles to me.

"Hello," I nodded my head to her. She began to pet my dog and I laughed when she licked her hand.

"Do you live here?" She asked politely.

"Yeah I'm from Berk. Can I help you with something?" I chuckled.

"In fact you can. My name is Eva and I'm looking for someone," she said and looks around worryingly.

"Just ask away," I grinned.

"So Wolfs likes to have some whiskey time to time... Where's the nearest bar? I think he went there," she laughed nervously.

I point straight in front me,"The street next to me has the only one in town. I hope that you'll find him safely. My name is Astrid by the way."

"Thanks. We came here to search information of cars that are used in illegal racing," she sighed.

I flinched a bit. "Oh really, well good luck finding that place too," I smiled nervously.