19 Missed Training

POV Astrid

My morning routine is always the same. I get up earlier than anyone, then I run for a while and head for showers. This morning was not any different, after a good run I'm walking towards our squad's shower barrack.

Once I was passing some other squad's barrack I saw Punzie getting out from their shower barrack.

"Umm.. Punz, why would you use some other people's showers?" I raised my eyebrow to her. Her long golden blonde hair was all dripping wet.

"I was just returning from giving Pascal a walk when I heard a scream from here," she replied smiling and shrug her shoulders.

"Scream?" I replied with my tone being high pitched from the surprise.

"Yes, a girl had stepped out from the shower. Then she slipped and hit her leg, I healed her," Punzie giggled.

"I see," I laughed a bit while we kept walking towards our barrack.

"Today was a nice day for a run? I mean the air is nice and crispy and the snow is freshly fallen last night," Punzie sighed and looks around.

"It was. See you at breakfast?" I smiled when I was climbing up the stairs to shower building.

We had some free time today because we're going for a forest exercise for the evening and the night. Me and Hiccup will meet soon and I'm waiting him at the shooting range.

"Hey!" Hiccup shouted and ran towards me. I wave my hand to him, the army green uniform suits him well.

"Took you long enough!" I laughed.

"Sorry," he pants out and leans his bodyweight on his knees. "I have that mental exercise with our Captain later today. You know, the one which made Eugene and Hiro act weirdly," he exhaled.

"It's fine. Just remember that be yourself and remember who you are in here," I smiled to him as I touched his chest. We've been friends for a long time, even before the army. I was there for him when his father died.

"Thanks. So how about some shooting?" He smiled and gave me a gun from his other shoulder.

"Ah, so we try shotguns today?" I grinned.

"Yeah," he chuckled.

We went to the outside shooting range to our own separate booths and then we began shooting at the objects. Neither of us missed the target. Our parents were weapon enthusiasts, we practiced our whole childhood together.

"Nice shooting," Hiccup laughed after we had shot out all our ammo.

"You didn't do too bad yourself but still I hit more into center than you did!" I laughed and punched his shoulder before giving him the shotgun.

"Yeah but I'm even better with melee weapons," he winked his eye.

"Just give me a blunt weapon or axe and that smile goes away from your face," I said cockily as I crossed my arms.

Then he gasped. "What's the time?" He gulped.

"Just over 12 in the noon, why?"

"Oh crap. I'm late! Captain will be even more angry than before. I need to go," he gasped and glanced at me with puppy eyes.

I sighed and gave him a smile, "Well give me the guns and I'll get them back to storage. Now beat it!" I laughed. He thanked me in gratitude and began running.

When I was about to go into weapons storage I saw Captain Frost rushing down the stairs of office building. I notice how he looks around just before I go inside the weapons barrack.