chapter : 31

** for this chapter, please read the end note because it'simportant***

Amanda's P.O.V.

"So everything here is great. Everyone's happy and all we miss is you. Now tell me, how's everything there? How are you and Nick going? How's Natalie and mostly, How are you?" Kate asked as we talking on Skype.

What should I say? I can't tell her that suddenly our father is back and he wants us back. I can't tell her that threatening me. I can't tell her because I don't want her to go back to that state. She just got well. I don't want her to be worried.

"Nick and I are perfect. We're very happy. Everything is fine with me. I just miss you guys but I'll be coming soon since it's just three weeks left before the holidays. Nick might be staying here since his dad will be in this city during that time." I said. I knew that lying to her wad bad but I didn't have a choice.

"Well I'm happy to here that. So.....is that all that is happening there?" She asked.

I got worried, did she know? Did she know what was happening? Had he already told them?

I decided not to run into conclusions "Yeah, that is all. Everything here is pretty much about the school." I said

"Okay." She chuckled "So tell me in full about you and Nick. Like does he kiss you you alot? Is one of those kissy boyfriends?" She asked.

Phew...she didn't know about the situation here. I looked at the time. Shut it was 3:25pm. I had to meet my father at the park at 3:45pm.

I laughed "Shut up! That's a weird question. That is between him and I. Anyways I have to go. I have to buy some material for my project." I lied.

"Seriously? But okay. Call me later. Bye." She said

"Love you. Bye." I said before shutting down my laptop.

I was wearing a singlet and sweatpants since I had gone jogging with Nick before I talked to Kate.

I changed into a blue t-shirt with a smiley face, black jeans, black sneakers and a white cap.

I wasn't excited about going to meet him so I didn't put any make up.

I put my phone, charger, wallet, pocket knife and perfume in my bag before leaving my room.

You might be guessing why I took a pocket knife and perfume. We'll let me tell you. It's because I don't trust my father. He used to beat up my mom so I'm really scared about what he might do.

As I was walking down the hall, I saw Nick.

Great.

He's the last person I should see right. He doesn't know about my father and I'm not willing to tell him.

"Hey honey, you going somewhere?

"Well yes. I'm going to the mall nearby to buy some material for my project since Natalie decided to quit on me." I lied.

I hadn't told him that Stacey had lied to Natalie about me because I didn't want to seem like I hate his relatives.

"Oh, but I thought she let you keep all the things you bought together." He said

"Yes she did but I just need a few more things." I said hoping he didn't ask any more questions.

I felt so bad for lying to him.

"Okay, so I'll come with you. It's also been a long time since we've been out together." I said smiling

Oh God.

"No need. I can go on my own and anyways weren't you supposed to be going out with the guys?" I told him before looking at my watch. It was 3:37pm.

"I was but I decided to put it for tomorrow because I had planned to take you out today." He said

Oh, he's so sweet. I can't keep on saying no because he might figure out that I'm lying and anyways I really want to hang out with him but what should I say to my father?

"Okay, that's great. Let's go." I said before he took my hand in his and we made our way to the parking lot.

When we got in the car I decided to text my father.

Amanda = Can't make it for today. I got caught up with other things. Please leave me alone.

Father = what's so special about the other plans?

Amanda = I can't keep on lying. He'd figure it out.

Father = Oh, I get it. You're out with that jerk you call a boyfriend. Whatever, I'll see you at the mall.

How did he know that we're going to the mall? Is he watching me?

I decided not to reply. Maybe he just wanted to make me scared.

"Are you okay babe? You look worried." Nick said causing me to get our of my thoughts.

I kissed his cheek "I'm fine, I thought that my music assignment is due Monday but it's not." I lied.

I felt so bad for lying to him.

A few minutes later, we arrived.

Nick's P.O.V

After I parked the car, we got out of the car and went to the elavator.

"On which floor is the shop you want to go to?" I asked Amanda

"It's on the second floor." She said before I pressed on the second floor.

"It's a really cool store and I love the name she chose for it. Nassandras is a really nice name don't you think?" She said?

"Yeah, it is." I answered.

When we got to the second floor I took her hand in mine and she led me to the store.

As we entered it, I looked at the cashier and I saw the person I never thought I would see.........Casandra.
_________________
Did you guys see that coming?
What do you think?
Vote and comment please.
I'd love to hear yoursuggestions.

*And btw, Amanda didn't save her father's number as dad or father, she just left it as unknown but I just write father so that it doesn't confuse you*

-Setayesh😘