chapter : 28

Amanda's POV

As soon as I saw him I wanted to turn around and leave but for some unknown reason I stood there, frozen. I couldn't move. I couldn't believe that I was seeing him after all these years.

"You came. Thank you for coming." He said as he came to me "Come sit so we can talk."

After hearing him speak reality hit me. I was here listening to the person who made us go through a lot of difficulties. What had gotten into me when I decided to come here?

I turned to leave but he stopped me "Amanda, just please here what I have to say. It won't be long." He pleaded

This was the bad thing about me. I was too soft hearted.

"Okay just a few minutes." I said before going to sit at the table he was sitting when I got here.

"You've grown a lot my daughter. I've missed you so much. How's everyone else at home? I've come to take you guys back to England with me." He said

My eyes started to tear up. "How dare you think we would even think of coming back to you. Seeing me standing here all dressed up and healthy doesn't mean it was always like this ever since we left you. Mom had to spent sleepless nights working and then taking care of Kate. I had to spent weaks without going to school cause I had to take care of Kate and Danny." I said, tears where
Slowly running down my cheeks.

"Amanda honey," he said and tried to stroke my cheek but I shoved his hand away "I made a mistake but I realized that now, you understand, right?" He said

"Don't honey me. I'm not your daughter. Everything doesn't just come to you like that. Do you know how many lies I had to tell Danny when he asked where you were? Why you weren't with us? Why we weren't in our big house anymore? I had to fight hard for Kate to get her memory back. We are in a better state right now, please don't ruin it for us.Please." I said before getting up to leave.

"But I'm your dad." He said

I turned around to face him "You might be my father but I truly say to you, you will never be my dad, you never were." I said before running out of the Starbucks before he said anything else.

I got out and walked to the nearby park where I just sat on a bench and just cried. Seeing him today brought back the memories I had of him beating mom, me being unable to sleep because Danny was crying all night and how he never made it to the school meetings or talent shows. He was just never there.

Nick's POV

Where is she? Why isn't she answering her phone? I've been calling for quite some time now. I'm so worried.

I called again but she didn't answer. It's 6:45 already. Where could she be?

I walked out of my room and went to her room. I knocked the door and Natalie opened the door.

"Oh hey Nick," she said with a smile "come in."

"I just wanted to ask if you know where Amanda is." I asked

"I'm not sure where she is but she left around 5:15, she didn't look very much okay when she left." Stacey said coming to the door.

"Thanks" I said before leaving.

I called again and finally she answered.....

Amanda = hello

Nick = Amanda, thank God you finally answered my call. Where are you. I've been calling for so long.

Amanda = I -I'm coming.

Nick = Where are you so that I can come get you

Amanda = I said I'm coming, I won't take long. Bye

She cut the call. She didn't sound well. Her voice was cracky. I just hope she will be here soon.

I stood at the school entrance to wait for her. Luckily she arrived soon. She was walking slowly and she didn't look fine.

I ran to her "Where were you? You almost gave me a heart attack." I said stroking her cheek "were you crying? You don't look so well."

"I'm fine Nick." She said going up the stairs."I'm just tired."

"Come on, you can't lie to me. I can tell that you're not fine. What's wrong?" I asked

"Just leave it, I'm tired, I'm going to bed."

"Okay." I said

I walked her to her room. "Good night" I said before kissing her softly.

"Good night" she said then got into her room.

I knew she wasn't fine.

___________________

What do you guys think? Please let me know if you have any suggestions.

Vote and Comment

Check out my other stories. You can see them on my profile.

♡♡♡♡♡