chapter 21

Amanda's POV

"Okay class today as we begin with our first class I want to make everything clear to you all. As most of you know, our goal is to practice hard help each other and win the music championship." Said our teacher, Mr. Hudson before going on and on about how hard we had to work.

He's long speech really got everyone tired. Most people were surfing the Internet while only a few, including me were actually listening.

Soon the class was over and as soon as the bell rang everyone raced gto the door.

Was the speech that long and boring? I actually found it helpful. It helped me decide on what I had to focus on and how I had to plan my things.

I put my small book into my bag and left the class.

While walking in the hallway I saw Nick who greeted me with a nice gentle kiss.

"How was your first class babe?" He asked as we walked to our next class.

Thankfully we had our next period in the same class.

"It was great. Got a long speech on how hard we have to work." I answered.

"Cool"

"How about we hang out today after school? There's this movie theater near by and we can go there."

"That would be great, honey but tonight is game night with Dave so I'm occupied.  Maybe some other time?"

"Yeah it's totally fine. I'll just find something to do."

"Great."

"Attention students. Mrs. Edison is currently on a leave to recover from her surgery." We heard the head mistress say through the hallway speakers.

"I guess I'll see you later then." I said before leaving and heading towards the dorms.

I was a bit sad that Nick was totally pushing me out of the picture. He spends all the time with Dave. He's always so busy. Everything: Dave this. Dave that.

I don't get it. It's like he doesn't care about me. Considering he's new her and already got all these friends, he's just starting to forget me.

I punched in my code to unlock the door and got in and found a crying Natalie sitting on her bed.

I quickly threw my staff on my bed and sat beside her on her bed.

"Natalie, what's wrong?" I asked

She didn't say anything but just hugged me and cried more, breathing heavily in the process.

"I- I thought eve- everything was perfect, Amanda. I nev- never though he wou- would do this." She said with her cracky voice.

Natalie was dating Austin. He was known as a player but when he started dating Natalie he changed. It was like she totally blinded him and all the other girls were invisible to him. I totally loved them together.

"What did he do?" I asked concerned

She had stopped the heavy breathing now.

"What did he do? Ask what he didn't do? He said that he only dated me to show his friends that he could stick to one girl for long but he actually never loved me. And just like that....... he dumped me and left Amanda." She said

I didn't know what to say so I just hugged her tight for a good few minutes.

"But crying can't go on forever. I'm Natalie and nothing will put me down." She said wiping her tears away before going to the bathroom and wiping her face.

"All good. Let's go shopping." She said as she got out of the bathroom.

"shopping?" I asked

"Yeah. It's a new beginning for me now and I might as well just change my wardrobe. It's a great way to forget him." Natalie said

"I guess you're right. That will be great."

"Hey, can I wear your clothes for now?"

"Yeah, but why?"

"It's a new beginning. Those clothes I have, are probably cursed with all the memories of the places I wore them while going out with Austin."

I smiled before giving her a pair of blue tight jeans, a pink lace top and pink sandals.

"I love your sense of style." She said

I chuckled "my greatest interests are in music and fashion."

"That's awesome, I love fashion too. We should join this year's  fashion challenge. It's the challenge we have every year to find the best new choir and band uniform. I always wanted to join but I never had a good partner."

"Yeah, we should totally to that."  I said before putting on my black denim short, a white tank top and black sandals.

We got our staff then took a cab to the shopping mall in town.

*******

"What do you think if this?" Natalie asked holding a yellow pleated short skirt with black hearts on it.

"It's really great, I'm pretty sure it will go with this black t-shirt. " I said holding out the black t-shirt and she smiled nodding.

She took the skirt and shirt then put the in the trolly.

She tried on a few other clothes and bought a lot of clothes, enough to fill up her wardrobe.

I also bought a new pair of jeans, a cardigan and Calvin Klein jewelery.

I was holding my wallet and walking to the cashier when I bumped into this girl, my wallet fell and a few pictures of Nick and I fell out.

She picked them up and took a long look at the pictures before throwing them in my hands and walking away.

Okay, That. Was. Weird.
____________