chapter : 29

Amanda's P.O.V

I woke up with a heavy headache. I was still in my clothes from yesterday. I didn't want to get up. I was thinking about telling mom but I didn't want to make her worried. I just wanted her to be happy.

I got up and went to take a shower. I just kept on thinking about yesterday.

Nick's P.O.V

I knocked on the door and Stacey opened. "Hey Nick. It's nice of you to come see me this morning." She said with a smile

"Morning to you too but I'm actually here to check on Amanda." I said and I saw her smile fade away.

"Sure, she's in the shower. You can see her later. Natalie and I were just about to go for breakfast, you can come with us." She said

"No, you guys can carry on. I'll just wait here for her." I said as I got into her room and sat on her bed.

Stacey mumbled something that I didn't here quite well. All I cared about was Amanda. Soon Natalie and Stacey left.

As I was looking through some of Amanda's books, her phone rang. The caller ID said unknown, I thought it was probably some kids doing some prank calling so I answered it.

Nick = Hello

Unknown Caller = Hello, who is this? I wanted to speak to Amanda

Nick = I'm her boyfriend, who are you?

Unknown Caller = can I just speak to Amanda?

Nick = she's taking a shower right now. But does she know you?

He didn't say anything else and just cut the call. A few minutes later Amanda came out of the shower.

"Morning honey. Are you okay? Are you better from last night?" I asked after giving her a cheek kiss

"My head is just aching but I'm better now. Who were you talking to?" She asked as she tied her hair while sitting next to me on her bed.

"Just some guy who called, he wanted to speak to you." I answered reluctantly but as soon as I said that, I felt her tense up. "Did he say anything else?" She asked.

"No, all he said was 'can I speak to Amanda?' Do you know him?" I asked

"No, just forget it." She answered

"So tell me, what happened to you last night? You didn't look alright. Where had you gone?" I asked

"Can we not talk about it. It's really not that important." She said laying her head on my shoulder.

"Okay. What do you want to do today? We barely saw each other yesterday." I said changing the subject.

"I really don't feel like going outside. How about we just hang out in here?" She said

"Okay. So I'll go to the cafeteria and get some food and I'll be back soon." I said before giving her a quick kiss then leaving.

Amanda's P.O.V.

As soon as Nick left I took my phone and called my father.

Father = Hey, you finally called. I wanted to talk to you.

Amanda = But I don't want to talk to you! If you are really sorry for everything you did to us then please show that you mean it and leave me alone. I have nothing to say to you. Never call me again
I'm very happy with everything in my life right now and I don't need you to ruin it. You will never be my dad okay! You lost that chance a long time ago.

I cut the call without letting him say anything else. What I was thinking about was if I should tell my family or not. Kate had gotten better over the last few years and I didn't want to ruin everything for her. I decided not to tell then for now.

Soon, Nick was back with pancakes, milk, orange juice which was my favourite and eggs and bacon.

We decided to watch The 5th Wave as we ate our food.

Stacey's P.O.V

"How about we work on it tomorrow?" I said to Natalie as we came out of the elavator.

"Yes that would be good, so I'll tell Amanda so that she will be ready too" She said as we walked to our room.

I stopped walking and turned to face her "Maybe you're going to think that I'm lying but you have to believe me, I don't think she wants to work with you on the project." I told her

She chuckled a bit "Why would you say that? She was the one who was being very serious and excited to be doing this with me." She said

"But that's not what I heard her saying when she was talking to her friend Jessica." I said

"What did she say"

"She was saying that it's going to be hard to work with you on this project since you're not that experienced and that she was just working with you because you do whatever she says" I told her and I saw her smile fade away "Did she really say that?"She asked and I could tell she was hurt.

"I really didn't want to tell you but I decided it's best I let you know how much of a friend she is." I said

"Thanks for letting me know." She said before leaving with small tears falling down her cheeks.

I laughed by myself. It was so easy to fool her. All I needed to do was go to my next mission.
_________________
Do you guys like how the story is going? Please let me know.☺
Check out my other stories too.

-Setayesh