chapter 16

Amanda's POV

I read the text over and over again hoping I had made a mistake but I had not. It's just one week that we can spend together and he has to leave. He couldn't even call.

I put on my blue sweatpants and blue vest then went to the kitchen to make dinner. I prepared some Mac & Cheese.

After preparing dinner and setting the table I went up to my room and did my homework though I wasn't paying much attention. All I was thinking about was Nick being with that Stacey I knew I couldn't trust her but on the other hand I trusted Nick.

Soon the door bell rang and I opened it. It was Mom,Dad,Kate and Danny.

We ate dinner and mom kept asking me what was wrong and I just replied with a 'I'm fine just a bit tired'.

After dinner I washed the dishes then went to my room and sat on the bed.

There was a knock on the door and Kate came in.

"Girl you can I'm fine just tired from school to mom but I know you better so what's wrong?" Kate asked sitting beside me.

She really knew me well, the same way I knew her well.

"You remember that Stacey girl I told you about," I said and she nodded her head "Well Nick came today and said he would stay for week and we spent the day together but then when I went home he texted me say oh my cousin Stacey came and I have to go back. He just left."I said.

"If you trust and know Nick really well then you should know that nothing will happen."she said

It's not just about me trusting him, it's also about the fact that when she comes he completely forgets I exist like the last time she was here, I invited him to this festival and he forgot to come." I said

"Now sis that was one time and you forgave him so let it go. Try calling him maybe if you here his voice you will be calm."she said and I agreed.

I dialed his number and it rang and rang and rang then finally 'hi this is Nick, I'm currently unavailable so please leave a message'. I hung up and put my phone down.

"See he didn't pick up, probably busy. Anyway thanks Kate I guess I'll go to bed now. I'll be fine." I said

"Okay but if you like I can stay with you tonight."Kate said

"I guess that will be great. It's been long since we had our sister time. We can also go shopping tomorrow." I suggested she nodded then we went to bed.

Kate would always make me feel better.
***
I woke up at the sound of my phone ringing. Hoping it would be Nick, I didn't look at the ID and just picked up.

"Hello." I said cheeefull

"Hey Amanda. Wanna come by to my house? I need help with the things I missed while I was in the hospital."he said.

Ahh....it was Chris. I wished it was Nick but what was I thinking. He's probably busy with STACEY.

"Yeah sure I'll be there in a sec" I answered and I could feel him cheer up.

"Thanks See ya" he said

I cut the phone and got out of bed.

Mom and Dad had gone to see Danny's football match.

Kate was still asleep so I wrote a small note.

I've gone to Chriss' house to help him with school. I'll be back soon for our shopping.
Amanda♡

After writing it I put it on the bedside table near her then went to get dressed.

I wore a black skirt with red dots, a red lace top, black flats and tied my hair in a neat bun then left.

I got there soon since it was just across the street. I rang the bell and he opened it.

"Hey what's up?" I said getting in

"Nothing much just trying to catch up on the school." He said

We went up to his room and started on mathematics..........
*****
"So when you add the two sums you find the x." I said finishing the last one.

He awkwardly looked at me............"Can I ask you something?" He finally said

"Yeah sure......go ahead." I said

"Why didn't you tell Nick about what happened?"he asked

I was shocked by his question. Why did he need to know? It was my life, my decision and my boyfriend.

"I didn't tell him cause....Ummm.....you know."I answered

"That's not an answer to my question. Why don't you want him to know?" He said

"Actually it's none of your business. Nick knows what he needs to know and the rest is for me to know and you to never talk about it."I answered getting angry

"I just wanted to know cause-" he began before I interrupted him "Did you bring me here to talk about this or to help you with school cause according to your phone call it was to help you with school." I said

"Okay I'm sorry." He said

"It's fine just forget it." I said. Now I wasn't angry but I was sad. Was I a bad girlfriend for not telling Nick the truth? I didn't realize silent tears were falling down my cheeks.

Chriss put his hand on my cheek and turned my face. Now I was looking at him. "It's okay, don't cry. I won't talk about it again." He said wiping my tears.

I smiled and then out of nowhere he kissed me and worst of all I kissed him back then soon pushed him away.

" You jerk." I shouted then ran out of his house.

I was a terrible girlfriend. What will I tell Nick? Should I even tell him? What will I do?