littlemisslollipop (Just One Kiss) [Rev+Int]

Author: littlemisslollipop

Work: Just One Kiss

Interview

Name: Gabrielle.

Age: thirteen.

Fav color: red.

Fav: band: at the moment it'ss Hey Monday.

What age/grade were you when you first started writing?: Hmm... well I always loved writing but I would say that I was in grade five, age eleven when I started writing.

What prompted you to start?: I started writing because I thought writing a story would get me out of doing a project (it didn't) but I got some benefits :P

Do you feel you have advanced since you started?: I do feel like I have advanced since I started writing, I read my first ever story a few months ago and I thought; Did I really write this? It's ghastly! But when I read Just One Kiss I think wow I wrote this?

Where do you draw your inspiration from?: I think that I get my inspiration just out of the blue. Sometimes I'll be doing my homework and all of a sudden I'll have an idea that I have to jot down before I forget it.

What opinion could people form about you if they looked at your bookshelf: Well my bookshelf (found in my bedroom) is full of vampire stories, werewolves, some sci-fi, angels, magic, and sometimes fast paced thrillers. I guess they would probably gather that I'm not really much for reality. I always want what won't happen!

What inspired you to write Just One Kiss? I was actually at my grandmother's writing a different story when Just One Kiss suddenly popped into my brain. I could see the characters as well as the plot forming in my head and everything took off from there.

Have you based the characters off of anyone?: At certain times I guess I could say my characters are. I based a bit of Arden's personality on one of my friends personality. I think that in most of the scenes I unknowingly put bits and pieces of people I know into my characters.

Do you feel any connections with your characters?: Sometimes. I think that the only connection I ever felt with a character was at the start of JOK with Lili, even though I haven't lost my grandmother (hopefully I never will) I could understand how sad and afraid she was. I almost cried when I was writing most of the chapter.

Are your characters words or real?: Their real to me. If they weren't so real to me I wouldn't be putting as many details into my story :). Whenever I think of writing more of the story I'm always so excited because it means seeing what happens next in Lili's life. When I was writing I would always end up getting a bigger crush on Shane only to end up crushing harder on Silas haha. To me they're probably more real than most people in this world.

Do you base any scenes off of real life experience?: No, not really. Like I've said I'm really young, I haven't even had my first kiss yet :D I haven't been to high school or been asked out on a date... yet. I think that most of my scenes are just based off of what I've read and what I think happens when your a big bad angsty teenager when supernatural is thrown into the mix.

Do you have big plans for JOK, or is it all still blurry right now? I have real big plans for JOK, I already have the series (yes I said it "SERIES") map outlined it's all just a matter of when I can write it all down. There are probably going to be a few umm "wattpad novels" in JOK, I already know that the sequal is all planned out and everything. My vision for JOK isn't fogged up in the least bit ;)