Who knew he’d end up here now, rather than thinking about how he’ll storm into his friends life again, he’s thinking about her and how she might be doing.

He’s trying to push her out but whenever he succeeds in that, his heart is paralyzed with unexplainable fear of what to come.

His mind was confused at the moment to the extent that suddenly he questioned life and all about it. He read once in some magazine about how it was hard to understand how humans can smile all day long yet cry themselves to sleep. How their pictures never change betraying your trust and making you believe the ones in them never change as well but in truth they did change, they might not be the same person. How a best friend can turn into a worst enemy and a worst enemy might end up your best friend. How ‘forever’ is just a word said when you’re happy, how it’s a promise that is rarely kept since this ‘forever’ turns into ‘a few months’ that you long to live again or get back. How a human being can actually let go of something that earlier, he vowed he could never live without. And how even though you know something is best for you, you let it hurt you all the same, it doesn’t matter whether it was a decision, a choice or a promise, you just let it hurt you.

And one of the things that engraved themselves in Martino’s mind when he read that article was that how some people who once wanted to spend the rest of their lives with you, now think a few minutes is too much to spare and how people make promises despite the fact that they know how common it is for promises to be broken. How promises became just a word and not an act. When someone says ‘I promise’ it rarely means the true meaning that was raised by our history, but it ended up being a simple word that has no effect.

Last but not least, Martin never understood how a person can erase someone from their lives just because it’s easier than working things out.

That’s what he’d done. That’s what he decided.

Six years ago, he decided to leave and never look back because he knew how hard it was to solve things, even more so when he messed up big time in the end. He never understood something he himself did and never punished himself about it.

He let go of his friends, family, loved ones. He chickened out and didn’t allow himself to think about what he’d done because he knew he’ll regret everything that ever happened.

The only thing he didn’t regret was finding Jasmine, taking her out of the club when it was about to turn ugly and letting her make him fall deeply in love with her.

If he’s not willing to do this for himself, at least he’ll have to do it for her.

Since he promised he’ll come back if he survived and let’s face it,

He couldn’t break a promise like that, the promises he broke already were more than enough.

He threw the burnt cigarette on the ground and pressed on it with his combat boots before taking a long breath of fresh air and then he wiped his sweaty nervous palms against his pants before crossing the street and entering the building. The stairs were there and a wave of nostalgia shot him in the heart that he stumbled a bit but he didn’t escape, he kept moving upwards.

When his feet and eyes were finally met with floor number four, he coughed slightly and took another deep breath before exhaling. The bag he had the day he left his place was over his shoulder with everything he’ll ever need. He walked forward passing by doors with numbers on them and finally he settled in front of door number “45”

Another wave of memories shot him in the heart and he was to gasp if he didn’t train himself to be silent.

Or rather, if he wasn’t trained to be silent