Chapter seventeen

She thought he could flirt.

Chapter seventeen:

Jasmine was stuck in the world of bliss, every single nerve ending was on fire, her fingers were attempting to claw themselves into his scalp, and his smell filled her, god, his smell.

“What the hell are you doing?” Gasper’s voice broke her bubble and she blinked, her lips stick molding with those of Martin’s soft ones.

An arm wrapped itself around her waist and big stomach and with a tug; their lips were separated with a pop sound that urged her to kiss him again. Her eyes were big and passionate as she guarded Martin intently, as if she’s filling her eyes with him. He opened his eyes and watched her; pure shock was beautifully crafted on his features.

“Um, Gasper…” Martin stated softly as he tilted his head and watched her again with the same scrutinizing attention. Gasper’s hands softened around her and he asked hopefully,

“You know who I am?” Martin frowned, looking at gasper estranged before he said;” you’re family?”

Gasper’s sigh that Jasmine heard was frustrated.

“Can you leave us for a second?” he asked Gasper as his silver eyes looked at Jasmine’s stomach for a second.

Gasper seemed to nod since when Jasmine looked at the side, she saw him walking away. She returned looking at Martin who was leaning against the car with his arms folded and his brows frowning thoughtfully.

“You, uh-“she mumbled, wishing he could remember, but she didn’t want to ask him if he did remember her, she didn’t know what this type of question might do to him. Even though Gasper asked Martin a while ago if he remembered him… Jasmine couldn’t ask him.

But she wanted him to remember, she wanted to…

“I knew you, didn’t I?” Martin whispered, asking himself. Jasmine’s eyes looked at him expectantly, her heart thumping hard against her chest.

“Whose baby is this?” he asked nodding at her curve. She gulped and turned to look at Gasper who was guarding them attentively.

Tell him the truth?

Tell him a lie?

“My fiancé’s” she stated confidently since it wasn’t a lie.

He nodded and then looked at her again,” then who are you to me?”

She gulped again and managed to fake a genuine smile,” as your friend there said, I’m no body.”

He hummed understandingly watching her with a dubious eye.

“Are you sure?” he asked again

“Why? Do you remember anything?” she slipped with too much hope. He raised his eyebrow and a half smile tugged his lips.

“No, I don’t. Is there something I should remember?”

Yes, you idiot.

“Um, no, not really”

He chuckled and then passed his fingers through his hair, the movement attracted her gaze to the scar at the side of his face again and she had to fight the urge to sob.

“I’ll go now, then” she stammered as she turned and opened the door. A warm hand rested on her lower back and she smiled slightly before turning around,” bye”

He smiled back thoughtfully before seeing her into the car and then he slammed her door shut, she lowered the windowpane and smiled at him again, feeling the pain of the goodbyes.